Haarlem Favorite Tips by irisbe Top 5 Page for this destination
Haarlem Favorites: 64 reviews and 62 photos
De hofjes at Haarlem
Favorite thing: More comments will follow
First class waiting room in Haarlem station
Favorite thing: ... then don't miss out to have a look at the interior of the trainstation. The building might not look that impressive from the outside, but when you go inside, you will be left with a whole other impression.
This pictures shows the tiles of the first class waiting room.
In total there were 3 different types of waiting rooms.
Along the waterfront at Haarlem
Favorite thing: What would Haarlem be without the canals, without the water?
The city is surrounded and crossed with the chanels.
It is lovely to see all those big and small yaughts sailing in.
Some one was even inventive and deisgned this bench so you an sit dry... or for what ever purpose it is designed !
One thing is for sure: it does add colour in the street!
beach at Haarlem
Favorite thing: Any inconveniences might lead to funny initiatives.
When one of the shopping streets was under construction and all sandy, it brought some one to the idea of bringing the beach inside the city !
A nice illustration of how to cope with daily life difficulties with a whink.
Fondest memory: Playing at the beach in Haarlem `-)
Vleeshal (meat hall)
Favorite thing: This is the Vleeshal (that is why a red text hahaha).
It is a museum and it is just at the back of the Big Market, facing the restaurant Het Specktakel that we visited.
We didn't visited this museum because we had so many other things to do and to see.
I could add it on my list for next time visits !
City Hall Haarlem
Favorite thing: Haarlem is an historical city with a Medieval centre.
The city hall overlooking the Grote Markt (Big Market) and a lost local that thought she was outside the picture `-)
Fondest memory: At the time I visited there was a fair and a flower parade, so the city was pretty much alive.
"Allo micro?" Flower market at Haarlem
Favorite thing: What can I say? You cannot denie that Dutch people have something about flowers.
I wished here, in Belgium, so nearby, we could addapt the way to show our love towards flowers as or northern neighbours do!
They get a 10/10 for this topic!
Fondest memory: The flowermarket on Sunday after the parade was marvelous!
I saw this little poppy flower and I could not resist to take a picture of it.
I call this picture:
(we look different but we are the same)
More Reviews (26)
- See All If it has to be simple, cheap and...
- See All Haarlem supermarket V & D; La Place 6th...
- See All Supermarket in a great architectural...
- See All Statues...
irisbe's Related Pages
Haarlem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haarlem - City of Flowers"
- "HAARLEM MY HOMETOWN"
- "Between us, I prefer Haarlem to Amsterdam."
- "READY FOR A VT-MEETING?"
- "An Easy Day Trip From Amsterdam Central"
- "Haarlem Adventures"
- "sandravdp's new Haarlem Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haarlem
- Hotels in Haarlem
- Transportation in Haarlem
- Nightlife in Haarlem
- Restaurants in Haarlem
- Shopping in Haarlem
- Warnings and Dangers in Haarlem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haarlem
- 33 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Haarlem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haarlem
Photos in HaarlemSee All Photos (66)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 194 reviews, 832 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 151 reviews, 408 photos, 11 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 72 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 75 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Laeken Intro, 66 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 76 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mortsel Intro, 34 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 18 reviews, 120 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (286)
- Grote Markt- 41 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Grote Kerk- 19 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Frans Hals Museum- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Hofjes- 24 Reviews, 24 Photos
- St. Bavo Cathedral- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Streets / Canals- 19 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Spaarne- 12 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Museums- 13 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Teylers Museum- 17 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Flower Parade- 6 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Haarlem Things to Do