"READY FOR A VT-MEETING?" Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem by irisbe

Haarlem Travel Guide: 570 reviews and 1,426 photos

Martin_nl and Sandravdp inviting

"Ofcourse!!! I am coming" I said and accompagnied by B_Caro we went to check out what lives in and around Haarlem, and... last but not least: to see good old friends again and meet new one!

This page is just in progress, I took over 400 pics in total over 2 days so I need to sort them out first and see what I can use on my VT page.
Bear with me and have some patience `-)

The gate keeper

Haarlem is somehow....
................ a bit of the unexpected `-)

We found this nice little guy waiting outside a fantasy shop!
Now if you ask me about my fantasies I can assure you he is not involved in it !
On a second thought...maybe he was OUTSIDE the shop, because he was not allowed to go inside! He would scare away the elflings and the royal frogs, still not kissed by a princes .....
Now I almost feel sorry for him.
For a moment I played with the thoughts that if you kiss him would he change in something else... but his stick looked so big and I didn't wanted to get hit, so rather to get a hit on my head I thought to put the idea out of my head.

The heat in Haarlem

As we say it in Dutch: "De meeting was BEESTIG goed!"

Hey PJ a bit more patience... LOL I need to knock someone from this pc who really wants to tell the story of the swimming party in the Bieschbos `-)

• Pros:Lots of shops, nice little centre, terrific to cycle, great restaurants and bars
  • Cons:too noisy at night in the centre when the fair is going on
  • In a nutshell:If you are in the neighborhood, take this deviation and go visit Haarlem
  • Last visit to Haarlem: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2003

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2007 at 9:39 AM

Dag Dannie Ik was verleden week in Amsterdam, waar ze geen Nederlands meer spreken, en in Haarlem bij mijn vriend Frans Hals. Ik las dat in de 17e eeuw de helft van de bevolking hier uit Vlaanderen stamde. Sympathieke stad (daarom).

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 9:59 AM

Beautiful Haarlem page Dannie! Seeing your photos of the flowershops makes me feel a bit homesick :-) I love your shopping tips... Dutch with a little Flemish accent... mmmm, from Flaamse frietjes tot Belgisch chocolade! Heerlijk! Het kan niet beter!! :-)

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 2:39 PM

Excellent page:- Next time you go, please get me one of those shoes. I will trully appreciate it. Well done.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2003 at 5:02 PM

great Haarlam page!

• AMOQUE's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2003 at 3:18 AM

Wow!! Very accurate and nice Haarlem page!! My compliments, you seem to know Haarlem very well. VT Member Sandravdp is my niece and a Haarlem citizen like me. If you want to pay us and Haarlem a visit some day (again), you're welcome...

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2003 at 2:02 PM

all these wonderful restaurant tips of yours, yummmm! they make me want to spend more than a day in this nice town the next time I am in AMS!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2003 at 1:29 PM

Thank you for beautiful page. I do hope to go there and get around as a real Dutch :-) and to see all those miracles and eat antilope (never ate yet!) and play on this beach :-))) like a kid! And become more Flemish :-)

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2003 at 11:16 PM

De ochtendstond heeft goud in de mond .... haha. Mooie page ! Dit ziet er een heel toffe meeting uit.

• Alice-Kees's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 2:01 PM

The street is called Lange Veerstraat, and yes, they do have excellent "broodjes"...

• martin_nl's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2003 at 2:59 PM

Cool Haarlem page. I'm glad you liked Haarlem and the flower parade. Too bad the weather wasn't good, but that's a good reason to come back soon! BTW I'm an eating with sticks professional!!! ;-)

irisbe

“Always be open to new experiences”

Badges & Stats in Haarlem

Have you been to Haarlem?

Latest Activity in Haarlem