Brugge Shopping Tips by irisbe
Brugge Shopping: 121 reviews and 149 photos
Eve looking at art at the Fishmarket
At the Fishmarket you can will find not only fish.
Fish is sold every day except Sunday and official holidays, from 8 am till 1 pm.
There is however a corner reserved for the selling of some art (litho etc.)
If you want to buy a nice souvenir to hang on your wall, then try this one.
The person who is selling them, is the artist himself and he is very much willing to explain you the technics he uses and why you better buy his then cheap but fake ones at shops.
Quality comes with price...
What to buy: Fish in the morning,
Art whole day!
Directions: at 2 minutes from the Burg (City Hall)
statue at Het Zilverpand
Giving out at the Steenstraat you will find Het Zilverpand.
It is a house block reorganised as a shopping centre with during Summertime terrasses in the innercourt.
It shuts you off from the noise of the traffic outside.
You will find lovely little shops there!
What to buy: I found here all kinds of shops, but their was one with nice wedding dresses and another one with very cute kids clothing.
Also you will find here lace shops, as you can find all over Bruges.
What to pay: Most of these shops are rather expensive.
Address: Het Zilverpand
rose got her choccies!!!
One of the things you ought to do is try out the fresh handmake chocolats that are sold in many shops all over Bruges.
I usually stop at this little shop in the Stoofstraat because of the funny story the owner told me. Once she happened to get so many Japanese visitors coming in, that it was almost scary and she wondered why all of a sudden her shop was getting whole loads of them. She had often people of Japan coming in, but not that many! So after a few weeks she asked one of them and they told her that her shop was mentionned in their travelguide as one of the best in Bruges!
Now she keeps a photocopy of the page in that guide and has sticked it to her window... so it was not a notice of a missing japanese tourist as I first thought LOL
Funny thing is that out of respect and gratitude she has added all her signs and notifications in Japanese as well!
What to buy: Fresh made chocolats, but here I usually buy the Truffels...
soft fillings with champaign or amarreto tastes... mmmmmmmmmmm just delicious!!!
and if you are nice you might even get a little piece of chocolate to try out, without paying.
What to pay: oh... quality has its price `-)
but you can't eat too much of it so with a few/day you get far! and they are worth it!
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (72)
- See All All goodies are in the basement?
- See All Renaissance style
- See All Guided cycling tours in Bruges
- See All Canals
- See All My local custom!
irisbe's Related Pages
Brugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brugge - The promise of things to come"
- "Bruges Beyond Kitsch"
- "Charming just Charming"
- "Brugge, Venice of the North"
- "Brugge die Schone"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brugge
- Hotels in Brugge
- Transportation in Brugge
- Nightlife in Brugge
- Restaurants in Brugge
- Shopping in Brugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Brugge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Brugge
- 75 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 122 Forum posts
- 95 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Brugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brugge
Photos in BruggeSee All Photos (139)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 195 reviews, 837 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 151 reviews, 408 photos, 11 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 72 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 75 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Laeken Intro, 66 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 76 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mortsel Intro, 34 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 18 reviews, 120 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Canal Boat Tours- 64 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Belfry Tower - Belfort- 121 Reviews, 175 Photos
- Beguinage - Begijnhof- 60 Reviews, 100 Photos
- Basilica of the Holy Blood- 54 Reviews, 95 Photos
- Minnewater - Lake of Love- 29 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Church of Our Lady - Onze Lieve Vrouwekerk- 65 Reviews, 117 Photos
- City Center - Grote Markt- 20 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Stadhuis - Town Hall- 68 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Breweries- 39 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Michelangelo's Madonna with Child- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Brugge Things to Do