"Say Brussels?? K! let's go to find The Soul" Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels by irisbe

Brussels Travel Guide: 5,655 reviews and 11,976 photos

In search of the Soul

Brussels... been there several times and sure need to go back a few more times. I have only explored a very few musea and quite some city area's.
I still haven't found the heart (or the soul) of this place so I keep on searching!

But I hope that the more I go there, the more I will start to appreciate the city and the more nice places I can discover.
I don't think I will betray my lovely Antwerp when I do this :)
That will always be my city number 1.
But fair is fair and Brussels needs a chance to let it show itself to me, with its beauty and its uggly spots.

Corruption (how else can I call it?) of concrete maffia; politics and business maffia, have destroyed & damaged the city in such a severe way that it feels like it lost its heart. That is what I am trying to find back, the little scattered pieces of nice places that have escaped this brutal mutulation and can tell me what the city used to be.

I am slowly trying to update this page but a lot is still in the waiting queue.

If this is not your first visit and you are curious about the updates, then click on
"newest" tips and you will get the most recent ones first.
Enjoy!

Brussels!!! you gotta!!!

You gotta move it! move it!

`-) hehehe one for Norali!!!

Bruxelles-les-Bains!
Recent yearly event.
See more about it in my tips.

Make sure you will be there next year!
This event just calls for a meeting :))

Thank you Norali to have joined me that day! We had great fun!

Updating is a real job!

hey ok it is continuously under construction
the ingredients are at hand... I just need to pour them in and mingle!
be patient '-)
and do revisit, I am adding regularly new travelogues and tips.

As of late October 2004 I have been added quite some new tips on my Brussels page. These tips are the results of my various visits on various occasions: events; vt-meetings, guided tours...
They just will keep on coming as time goes by so don't think that if you have visited my page today... you won't find anything new tomorow !

Please take a moment to sign one of my guestbooks! Thank you! Use the "back"-button to return to this page Sign My Guestbook

Want to View my guestbook?

• Pros:historical and beautiful places
  • Cons:rushing stressed up people, tending towards unfriendly approach
  • In a nutshell:worth visiting and exploring
  • Last visit to Brussels: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2005

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Hi Dannie, I'm off to Brussels for a few days and glad I found your tips. Hope you enjoy Christmas, best wishes, Mike

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Dannie, een snelle blik hier. Mohamed kon d.m.v. de minister die hem helpt voor een Malinese beurs naar Parijs komen. We overwegen morgen een korte last minute meeting in Brussel om donaties en sieraden voor de verkoop uit te wisselen.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2010 at 6:00 AM

Just started looking at your extensive pages I like the tip to drink beer instead of water :-)

• Oct 14, 2009 at 7:08 AM

You can also sit at at one of at least 3 bars (those on the corners) buy a drink and eat what you have bought. You can even add the best frites form Antoine.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Hello! I had another look at your Brussel page. See you soon!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM

great page here Dannie, i liked your useful tips and beautiful photos. Also opening photo is very nice.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2008 at 3:15 AM

Any schedule/meeting place for the 25th?? PJ

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2007 at 1:20 AM

We're staying in Grand Sablon so must see Le Petit!It looks fascinating. D x

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Thank you Ultramarinne for your correct remarks. I really wonder where I got the dates from? I am happy to know Yves is still alive and creative and never say 66 is old `-) I corrected the dates.

• Oct 12, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Hello, Nice to see a picture of Yves Bosquet's beautifull ceramic figures. I don't know what the dates you have included next to his name represent... What I'd like to confirm is that Yves bosquet is alive and well and still working. He is 66 years old.

irisbe

“Always be open to new experiences”

Badges & Stats in Brussels

Have you been to Brussels?

Latest Activity in Brussels