Herbeumont Things to Do Tips by irisbe
Herbeumont Things to Do: 2 reviews and 2 photos
The remainings of the castle at Herbeumont still showing the borderies of the rooms, the outer walls. The castle dominates the village, pieking out above it.
It was build in 1268 but destroyed in 1657 by King Louis XIV.
It was covered up for year with earth and plants, but recently the national archeological organisation started to open it up again.
Nowadays you can visit it again.
Recently they have planted pancartes with explanation (French/Dutch) about the different purposes of rooms and locations.
From above you have a marvelous outlook at the curls of the river Semois, sparkling like a jewel in the sunshine.
More Reviews (15)
- Hunting season
- See All view at the Grand Place
- See All agricultural archeology?
- Lots of kayak and canoeing opportunities
irisbe's Related Pages
Herbeumont Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Herbuemont here I come ! but under construction"
- "Slow down"
- "the village of "bompa lawijt" ......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herbeumont
- Hotels in Herbeumont
- Restaurants in Herbeumont
- Warnings and Dangers in Herbeumont
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Herbeumont
- 16 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Herbeumont?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herbeumont
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 194 reviews, 832 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 151 reviews, 408 photos, 11 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 72 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 75 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Laeken Intro, 66 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 76 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mortsel Intro, 34 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 18 reviews, 120 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue