"Bergamo Città Alta, what a beautiful discovery!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bergamo by irisbe

Bergamo Travel Guide: 1,105 reviews and 4,402 photos

This page is under construction. Not all tips have all the comments yet but if you are too curious, you can already have a look.
Do come back when it is finished so you won't miss anything :)

The best is yet to come! :)

The Venetian Lion

Little divine signs?

At Santa Grata inter Vites we were taken into the church by an elder lady.
She could only communicate in Italian and gestures. Our Italian knowledge is as good as nihil, but the longer we stayed, the better we understood what she was explaining and we even managed to ask questions!
It was funny that we could communicate so well, not speaking the same language.
She really gave us a full tour of the church, explaining everything.

More infor later on my tips.

When I got home and I had a look at the pictures, all the pictures taken from the altar side and the statue of Jesus turned out with Jesus's head uplightened.
It is funny... as that day it was Whitsunday... or as we say here, the day of the enlightment, the day of different tongues (languages).
Ain't it bizar :)

• Intro Updated Jun 12, 2005

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2012 at 1:20 AM

It's a pity you won't be at the meeting in Bergamo!

See you soon hopefully!!!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Great page on this city of 2-cities. Looking forward to being here in 11 days! Gillybob greetings

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Interesting, detailed page about Bergamo. Trying to decide if it's a good daytrip option from Milan, and your page made me want to visit!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 5:00 AM

Dannie: Love the history, the architecture, the great assortment of photos, the detail, and, most of all, the enthusiasm. A joy to read and view.

• titti's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2005 at 5:26 AM

What about another chat at Cooperativa? We can sit in the garden, now! Ciao!

• catnl's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 4:56 AM

wow great pictures here and so much great info, ill come back later nice sunday Danny:-)

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2005 at 10:26 PM

So well researched. Well done, Dannie!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 2:35 PM

I see I shall to visit bothe the page and the city to see what I missed on my whistlestop tour!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 11:46 AM

Great page, beutiful pics (basillica!), good info, some amusing as well, excellent warning tips :-) Haha, you had busy and great pre-VT-meeting time...

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 12:37 AM

Nice presentation, am glad you liked Bergamo, Citta Alta is real beauty

irisbe

“Always be open to new experiences”

Badges & Stats in Bergamo

Have you been to Bergamo?

Latest Activity in Bergamo