Belgium Local Custom Tips by irisbe
Belgium Local Customs: 253 reviews and 249 photos
John enjoying his meal and drinks (and ours!)
You drink them!!!
Ah... ain't this paradise!
What more then this local custom you need to survive a Belgian adventure?
Beer, fries, ketchup and mahonaise!
You won't starve!
Bon apetit et sant?!
Picture taken on the macdoggies visit to Belgium in 2003.
Want to see more fun pictures?
Find them on the fotki album!
Orval, one of the best trapist beers!
One of our most favorite time passings is enjoying one of our famous beers.
We have numerous different kinds of beers, some are only brewed temporary or seasonaly. New ones appear, others disappear. We have big breweries and micro-breweries.
A beer respecting itself has its own glass designed. So You better don't drink it unless out of it's proper glass!
If you want to look up a nice collection already you can have a look at my Belgian tourist trap tips.
I called it tourist traps because those beers will make you stay or coming back. It is like the singing of the Lorelei...
Why we drink beer? It all started out of necessity!
Have a read at my Brussels's warning tip and you will find out :)
The diamond trading industry in Antwerp is world famous!
Another thing about Belgium is the .....BELGIAN CHOCOLATS!!!
We have different kind of branches and they are MMMMMMMMM!!!
Belgian is famous for its 'Frites'
That is French fries for those who hasn't been tasting the real Belgian ones!
The packages come in different shapes and sizes, as you can witness!
Do you think you can handle them?
More Reviews (67)
irisbe's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vankleek Hill Hotels
- Zadar Hotels
- Reggio Emilia
- Istanbul Ili Hotels
- Bandarawela Hotels
- Provincia de Puerto Plata
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 968 Reviews
- 3,105 Photos
- 1,652 Forum posts
- 35 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antwerp Intro, 194 reviews, 832 photos, 37 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brussels Intro, 151 reviews, 408 photos, 11 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 72 reviews, 295 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 75 reviews, 138 photos, 6 travelogues
- Laeken Intro, 66 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 76 reviews, 92 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mortsel Intro, 34 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leuven Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 18 reviews, 120 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 33 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (286)
Top Belgium hotels
- Brussels Hotels
- 5620 Reviews - 11922 Photos
- Brugge Hotels
- 2698 Reviews - 7188 Photos
- Antwerp Hotels
- 2892 Reviews - 7155 Photos
- Oostende Hotels
- 527 Reviews - 1683 Photos
- Ieper Hotels
- 484 Reviews - 1387 Photos
- Charleroi Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Leuven Hotels
- 483 Reviews - 1046 Photos
- Namur Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Gent Hotels
- 1411 Reviews - 3631 Photos
- De Panne Hotels
- 89 Reviews - 127 Photos
- Turnhout Hotels
- 111 Reviews - 153 Photos
- Mechelen Hotels
- 285 Reviews - 676 Photos
- Liège Hotels
- 197 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Auderghem Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Mons Hotels
- 212 Reviews - 416 Photos