Germany Things to Do Tips by lenoreva
Germany Things to Do: 1,248 reviews and 2,013 photos
Heidelberg is a beautiful city, and well worth visiting. Here is a view looking down from Heidelberg castle.
Do take the guided tour of Heidelberg castle. It is quite entertaining.
Visiting Castles! The most famous castle in Germany is Neueschwanstein (the model for Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle) and it is an impressive sight.
Ok, it's true that it is extremely crowded (really long wait to get in), that you can't take pictures inside (or they'll confiscate your film), and that the tour of the inside is actually pretty short (only a small fraction of the inside rooms were ever finished). But, it is still a must see in my opinion. I would recommend getting there as early as possible in the morning (at least by 9 a.m.) especially in the summer.
Visiting Castles! Burg Eltz, on the Mosel river, is another great castle to visit. (By the way, that's my father in the picture with me!)
Most of Burg Eltz is inhabited, but there is one wing set aside for tours that is decorated as it was hundreds of years ago. The guided tour is interesting and available in English.
Visiting Castles! Most castles in Germany are open from the beginning of April to the end of October. One of my favorites is Berg Rheinfells (pictured here) - located on the Rhein River.
We visted on April 1st, so it was quite cold and rainy. There is not really a place to go in to get out of the rain since Berg Rheinfells is now in ruins. There is a nice walking tour through the grounds. Some parts of the walking tour lead you through dark passageways, so you'll want to bring a flashlight (or you can buy candles and matches on site). It's a really interesting place to explore.
More Reviews (9)
lenoreva's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Germany - Home, sweet Home!"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 43 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 27 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 24 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Georgia Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badlands National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Spain Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue