"lenoreva's Ecuador Page" Ecuador by lenoreva
Ecuador Travel Guide: 5,007 reviews and 17,991 photos
Ecuador is like my second home, after having spent an exchange year there 1993-1994 (and numerous repeat visits). Ecuador is an amazing country - it's not often you find mountains, rain forest, and beaches all in the space of one small country. With lots of beautiful nature, delicious food, and a wealth of cultural opportunities, you won't be dissapointed. And oh the handicrafts you can buy! This is one of my favorite pictures: Sunset at a lake in Cuyobeno national park (in the jungle).
Warning! Don't jump from waterfalls during the rainy season - see my <a href="http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.144418/article/221/2/"><font color=green> Mindo Travelogue </font></a> to find out why...
Updated! I finally found a few more of my Ecuador pictures and put them up - next time I go back to the states, I will look for the rest!
So you've decided to go? The Lonely Planet guidebook to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands is a nice place to get an idea of what iteniery you can manage in the time period that you have. They are also known for their budget accommadation recommendations. On the Internet, a good place for more upscale lodging recommendations is www.ecuadorexplorer.com They also have a page with current news links (very interesting and up-to-date) and a lot of general practical information. My page will give you a good overview of the cultural attractions and I share a lot of my personal experiences.
On this page you'll find:
info on important festivals (local customs)
overview of Ecuadorian food (restaurants)
tips on where to get all those handicrafts (shopping)
my favorite destinations (must see activities)
lots of warnings (warnings & travelogue)
and much more!
- Pros:beautiful nature, great food, and lots of cultural opportunties
- Cons:not the safest place on earth
Ecuadorians have a fun little custom - on your birthday they like you to "morder el pastel" (bite the cake). This... more travel advice
I could defanitly recommend a homestay as the BEST way to learn the language. My host family, the Ordonez, was so... more travel advice
- See All The Galapagos Islands
- Accommodation for under $1 a night
- See All Cuyobeno National Park
- See All Mitad del Mundo
lenoreva's Related Pages
Ecuador Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A trip in Ecuador with Maillekeul"
- "The land that lies in the middle of the world ..."
- "Ecuador, first step - Equateur, la premiere etape"
- "Ecuador-the country of four seasons!"
- "My itinerary in Ecuador 2011"
- "Ecuador: A Place of Special Consideration"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ecuador
- Hotels in Ecuador
- Transportation in Ecuador
- Nightlife in Ecuador
- Restaurants in Ecuador
- Shopping in Ecuador
- Warnings and Dangers in Ecuador
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ecuador
- 48 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Ecuador?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ecuador
Top 10 Pages
- Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 27 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 24 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Georgia Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badlands National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Spain Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Ecuador hotels
- Quito Hotels
- 1041 Reviews - 2770 Photos
- Guayaquil Hotels
- 135 Reviews - 454 Photos
- Cuenca Hotels
- 264 Reviews - 809 Photos
- Cumbayá Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Puerto Ayora Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 182 Photos
- Puerto López Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 137 Photos
- Baños Hotels
- 190 Reviews - 753 Photos
- Isla Baltra Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Gualaceo Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Otavalo Hotels
- 140 Reviews - 407 Photos
- Manta Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Zumbagua Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 58 Photos
- Vilcabamba Hotels
- 28 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Salango Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Riobamba Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 204 Photos