"Travelling to Angkor Wat Overland from Bangkok" Angkor Wat by lenoreva
Angkor Wat Travel Guide: 1,635 reviews and 4,720 photos
We made a short side trip to Angkor Wat during our November 2001 south east asia trip. We travelled overland which you can read about in the transport section.
Good Internet resources to get you started include:
Gordon Sharpless Tales of Asia
has EVERYTHING you ever wanted to know about travelling to Cambodia overland, including travellers lastest reports, news, updated often, this is the site to go to for information on Angkor and other places in Cambodia
www.passplanet.com is an excellent backpackers resource
Cambodia Visitor's Guide
(http://www.canbypublications.com) includes a wealth of info on Siem Riep, Angkor, and also has city guides for Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville
Andy Brouwer's Cambodia Tales
(http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.brouwer/) is filled with interesting travelogues and other practical info.
As I was walking around the back side of Angkor Wat, I thought I saw a big brown stone. Then the "stone" jumped, which caused me scream quite loudly - drawing quite some attention my way. Turns out it was just this big toad. Scary looking fellow, though.
- Pros:Amazing!! Ancient temples in a jungle setting.
- Cons:stay on the trails, there could be landmines (or toads!).
- In a nutshell:Must-see before you die!
The vast majority of cambodians are buddhist and you'll see lots of monks, in their bright orange robes, hanging around... more travel advice
I can heartily recommended that you bring a copy of Dawn Rooney's "Angkor - An introduction to the temples" with you... more travel advice
lenoreva's Related Pages
Angkor Wat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Angkor Wat"
- "Angkor Wat Rediscovered"
- "Angkor What?"
- "Facing to the west and stairway to heaven"
- "Angkor Wat: Our Own Personal Tuk Tuk"
- "Angkor Wat"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Angkor Wat
- Hotels in Angkor Wat
- Transportation in Angkor Wat
- Nightlife in Angkor Wat
- Restaurants in Angkor Wat
- Shopping in Angkor Wat
- Warnings and Dangers in Angkor Wat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angkor Wat
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 57 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Angkor Wat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angkor Wat
- Commented on one of Jmill42's Angkor Wat travel pages
- Posted in Travel London Forum "RE: RE: Travelcards - 3 day pass"
- updated a Angkor Wat Travel Page "Travelling to Angkor Wat Overland from Bangkok"
- Wrote a Review Cambodian Buddhism in Angkor Wat Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cambodian Buddhism"
Photos in Angkor WatSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Ecuador Intro, 36 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 27 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 24 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Angkor Wat Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Georgia Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badlands National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Spain Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue