Monschau Shopping Tips by Luchonda Top 5 Page for this destination
Monschau Shopping: 3 reviews and 6 photos
X-mas figure in the mirror
What to buy: In Germany the Christmas fairs and markets are rather unique and so different from the one I saw during my last visit in London early December.
In London you get tired of pure commercialism.
In Aachen, Cologne or Monschau, shopping is also commercialized, but there is still a traditional Christmas atmosphere where some gifts are not mass-produced but craftwork of real quality. (Glass – metal jewellery )
Here you can buy all kinds of Christmas merchandise and gifts, especially traditional things such as crib figures, toys, wood carvings, marionettes, candles and lambskin shoes.
Taste in open air a glass of delicious mulled wine (Glühwein) and eat the delicious baked apples warming up your body on crisp winter days. You and the kids will be attracted to gingerbread biscuits (Lebkuchen), "Printen"and a lot of sweets.
You will find the classic “Bratwursten” stalls aswell – but oké : This is Germany !
BTW : Most Christmas Markets start in the last week of November and run through to Christmas Eve or a day or two before. They are usually open every day from 10am to about 8 or 9 pm.
Address: Aachen - Cologne - Monschau
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (9)
Luchonda's Related Pages
Monschau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Monschau in the Eifel-hills"
- "Monschau - Montjoie"
- "Well preserved houses from the middle ages"
- "Monschau, Germany"
- "Monschau & Maria Laach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monschau
- Hotels in Monschau
- Transportation in Monschau
- Restaurants in Monschau
- Shopping in Monschau
- Warnings and Dangers in Monschau
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sharm El Sheikh
- Muscat Hotels
- Dipolog City Hotels
- Branson Hotels
- Presque Isle State Park Hotels
- Puerto Princesa
Badges & Stats in Monschau
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Monschau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monschau
- Uploaded a Photo to "Architecture in Monschau"
- Wrote a Review National Eifel Park - Nature - let it be !! in Monschau Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Monschau Travel Page "Monschau - Montjoie"
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Commented on one of pepples46's Monschau travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues