"Monschau - Montjoie" Top 5 Page for this destination Monschau by Luchonda
Monschau Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 292 photos
One of the most beautiful little gems in the Eifel, founded in 1096 at the front of the Montjoie dominion. It was 1918 before the name Monschau was introduced
Monschau means : Mont and joye
Close to the Netherlands and Germany - so a good tip for a one day tripper !
This city is famous for the "trout farms !!"
The holiday region "Eifel" - a manifold landscape of low mountains with isolated forests, volcanoes that have become extinct, extensive hill countries and picturesque valleys - is situated in the triangle where three countries meet, that is Germany, Belgium and Luxemburg.
Look at the fisherman in front.
Monschau indeed has to offer a very good fish menu (trout !!)
That is what i call this bridge !
The houses and flowers combine a scenary of relaxing and enjoying.
Forget your problems ! Visit this town with his narrow streets and good fish restaurants.
- Pros:A small town near Belgium
- In a nutshell:The daytripper !!
Coming from Aachen and entering the small city of Monschau you will see on your left “ The Felsenkeller Brewery... more travel advice
Located just a few kilometres over the Belgian border, Monschau offers visitors a wealth of things to see and do, quaint... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Monschau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Monschau in the Eifel-hills"
- "Monschau - Montjoie"
- "Well preserved houses from the middle ages"
- "Monschau, Germany"
- "Monschau & Maria Laach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monschau
- Hotels in Monschau
- Transportation in Monschau
- Restaurants in Monschau
- Shopping in Monschau
- Warnings and Dangers in Monschau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monschau
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Monschau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monschau
- Uploaded a Photo to "Architecture in Monschau"
- Wrote a Review National Eifel Park - Nature - let it be !! in Monschau Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Monschau Travel Page "Monschau - Montjoie"
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Commented on one of pepples46's Monschau travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues