"World of flowers/plants" Top 5 Page for this destination Keukenhof by Luchonda
Keukenhof Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 781 photos
The tulip was originally a wild flower growing in the Central Asia area and first cultivated by the Turks in early 1 AD. The flowers were introduced in western Europe and the Netherlands in the 17th century by Carolus Clusius, a famous biologist
In Ghent/Belgium, the "Floralies exhibition" are famous, but i was always curieus and fascinated about a small place in southern Netherland called Lisse, visited by many VT-members, and located near Haarlem and Rotterdam. I went there to get the proof. And finally i have to admit Keukenhof offers you the opportunity to see millions of bulbs in flower, fantastic flower shows and the largest sculpture park in the Netherlands Enjoy the spring!
Season related themes are exposed in Keukenhof
Like : Turkey and tulips: does a bell rings?!
- Pros:Fantastic 32 ha park of upcoming spring
- Cons:Tourist, tourists
To visit and admire the 'Bulb region' in Southern Holland, please follow the season climate. Best months are April and... more travel advice
Or maybe better, there should be no off path. To respect the hard labour of the garden engineers please respect the... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Keukenhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sunny trip to Keukenhof"
- "A very colourful garden"
- "World of flowers/plants"
- "A trip to the famous Keukenhof"
- "World famous flower garden"
- "Keukenhof - The most colourful spring of your life"
- "Tip Toe Through the Tulips with Me"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Keukenhof
- Hotels in Keukenhof
- Transportation in Keukenhof
- Restaurants in Keukenhof
- Shopping in Keukenhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Keukenhof
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keukenhof
- 24 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Keukenhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keukenhof
Photos in KeukenhofSee All Photos (84)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues