Veere Things to Do Tips by Luchonda Top 5 Page for this destination
Veere Things to Do: 25 reviews and 51 photos
The bell tower
Veere is a cosy historical village, built on the shore of the Western Scheldt
Touristicaly popular in disproportion of it's size. But that is the charm of this romantic village
The townhall itself, a highlight in the small city, located near the sea. I just couldn't get enough of it.
In the near future i will visit an other cosy town : Middelburg, also located in Sealand.
VT members told me that the marketplace and surroundings are as impressive as Veere.
Address: Market Place - Veere
Directions: Sealand - Walcheren
Detail of the windows
Yes indeed a big church for such a small village. Tall windows have been filled with bricks ' see the difference in the picture '
Most probably it was caused by it's war history and the numberous incidents caused by the strong coastal winds.
De grote kerk
The great Church a big Gothic church with an unfinished tower in Veere dates from 1348. As from 1811 Napoleon Bonaparte, the french emperor even used the Church as a hospital for his soldiers. Later on it was a "house for beggars" Actualy it only can be visited in the peak seasons - a reason to get back, in general for the local musea and the alround romantic atmosphere.
Directions: Next to Middelburg in "Sealand"
The Campveerse Toren, builded around 1500 as fortification of the harbour.
A place with a romantic view on the river. The place were you can hire a tourist excursion on the lake, a place with a nice restaurant and hotel, only pricewise interesting if you can manage special rates during non touristic peaks. The view on the lake is impressive
The Scottish trading house and actualy a museum. The scottish house and staple place for import of wool buided in the 17th century by rich traders. Veere was a perfect place trading goods between the former britisch imperium and the golden years of the Netherlands. The facade is unique and so different from the other landmarks in Veere
Address: Veere - mainstreet
The town hall seen from the river
Different pictures, different photo shoot angels. But i think this monument in Veere is worth it to stroll around and take different pictures.
The belfree tower is a landmark in Veere, seen from every corner and so special, the bells themselves are nominated as the best in the Netherlands
Address: Central market place
The mill of Veerle
The mill of Veerle, i think it is called "the cow- de koe" I just spotted this mill at the crossing bridge in the center of Veere, looking for a nice restaurant called "Ouwe Werf"
BTW : the restaurant itself is offering a bike parking place in walking distance.
Playing children- a donation by the Rabo Bank
A remarkable statue on the central market place. "Playing children"
A donation by the local "Rabo Bank" at their opening in Veere.
A piece of art by Phosse van Daele
Not only this piece of art, but also the town hall and many pubs and shops are making your day and reflecting a dutch atmosphere.
Address: Market place
Directions: Veere center
More Reviews (10)
- See All Local people and seabirds
- See All Private horse taxi and sailing boats
- Nice place in S.Netherlands
Luchonda's Related Pages
Veere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another daytrip to the Netherlands"
- "Veere just before the tourist season"
- "Itsy pitsy teenie weenie... beautiful little town!"
- "Zeeland, where water en earth are in constant war"
- "Veere, a lovely village!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Veere
- Hotels in Veere
- Transportation in Veere
- Nightlife in Veere
- Restaurants in Veere
- Shopping in Veere
- Warnings and Dangers in Veere
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bacolod Hotels
- Orta San Giulio
- Bahrain Hotels
- Playa del Carmen
- Gebeng Hotels
- St. Croix
- Al Lusayli Hotels
Badges & Stats in Veere
- 18 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Veere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Veere
Photos in VeereSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Veere hotel reviews
- Auberge De Campveerse Toren
- 1 Review & Opinion