"Another daytrip to the Netherlands" Top 5 Page for this destination Veere by Luchonda
Veere Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 205 photos
I live in Ghent, as neighbour country i 'm attracted to travel to the Netherlands.
First part of the Netherlands, " The "Lower countries" Zeeland is a perfect contact.
Veere is a historical town located at the former island "Walcheren" in the province of "Zeeland". Located north east of Middelburg, another charming city. And at last but not at least, Domburg, about 11 km away from Veere
Monuments and architecture to see in Veere
A rich and important history of Veere, once a real seaport and as wittness many monuments :
-The Great church founded in 1348- in 1811 used by emperor Napoleon as military hospital
- The townhall of Veere, landmark of the little town.
- The Scotisch house and museum.
- The Campveerse Toren, builded around 1500 as fortification of the harbour.
- The mill named "the cow" portraited in many aquarellas
The harbour itself where you can hire a boat tour on the Veerse lake.
A place with an excellent, but pricely restaurant and hotel
In other words a place to be for a romantic weekend, like Valentines day
- Pros:A cosy romantic town in southern Netherland
- Cons:In high season, busy, busy
- In a nutshell:Visit this charming town in wintertime
Yes indeed a big church for such a small village. Tall windows have been filled with bricks ' see the difference in the... more travel advice
Veere was an important harbour at the 17th century. Within the fortified walls the city counted 750 houses, reduced... more travel advice
- See All Private horse taxi and sailing boats
- Nice place in S.Netherlands
Luchonda's Related Pages
Veere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another daytrip to the Netherlands"
- "Veere just before the tourist season"
- "Itsy pitsy teenie weenie... beautiful little town!"
- "Zeeland, where water en earth are in constant war"
- "Veere, a lovely village!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Veere
- Hotels in Veere
- Transportation in Veere
- Nightlife in Veere
- Restaurants in Veere
- Shopping in Veere
- Warnings and Dangers in Veere
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Veere
- 18 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Veere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Veere
Photos in VeereSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Veere hotel reviews
- Auberge De Campveerse Toren
- 1 Review & Opinion