"An exclusive part of Europe, only 2 sqkm" Top 5 Page for this destination Monaco by Luchonda
Monaco Travel Guide: 256 reviews and 832 photos
A map/overview on Monaco (Internet) - the Grimaldi Forum near the Japanese Garden, the Casino....
The "Principality of Monaco" is the second-smallest independent state in the world, after Vatican City. It is located on the Mediterranean coast, 18 kilometers east of Nice (France) and near the Italian border.
Monaco is a narrow coastal strip, like the map shows.
There are four quarters (districts) in Monaco, one more famous than the other
La Condamine : Home ground of AS Monaco’s football club
Monte Carlo : The exclusive Hotel de Paris, maybe the most expensive hotel in the world. The Casino and of course the F1 Formula race ( yearly end of May)
Fontvieille : It is a newly constructed area reclaimed from the Mediterrean Sea
Monaco Ville : is the original fortified town of Monaco
Very popular cause of the welknown “Royal Palace”, the Saint Nicolas Cathedral and the Oceanographic Museum
- To settle in Monaco as an outsider you have to bank garantuee of at least 300.000 euro
- Official acceptance of your settlement depends on the will of the rulers,
so the Prince himself
Some Belgian inhabitants
- Justin Henin (Tennis Champion)
- Axel Merckx ( Cycler)
- Tom Boonen ( Cycler aswell)
- Entrance to the Casino is prohibited to the original Monagask people
( ID must be shown at the entrance)
- A fact and personal experience, no busses allowed in the center, but how can i get the hotel in Monte Carlo
- Pros:To be visited, once you are in Southern France
- In a nutshell:Invest in profound happiness, not in being exclusive
Getting to and especially around is for me very simple - by plane to Nice and than by bus to Monaco For others,... more travel advice
Visiting this Cathedral is more a kind of "Tribute to Grace PATRICIA Kelly" and her Prince Rainier III. Queing to see... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Monaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monaco: a sunny place for shady people"
- "Weekend in Monaco"
- "A Grimaldi stronghold since the 13th century.."
- "Welcome to Monaco"
- "An exclusive part of Europe, only 2 sqkm"
- "The Monopoly of Monaco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monaco
- Hotels in Monaco
- Transportation in Monaco
- Nightlife in Monaco
- Restaurants in Monaco
- Shopping in Monaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Monaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monaco
- 9 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Monaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monaco
Photos in MonacoSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues