"La nuit musicale de Beloeil" Beloeil by Luchonda
Beloeil Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 47 photos
Beloeil is a very small village in the province of Hainaut - located between Tournai and Ath.
Everything (cultural and social life) is dominated by the Castle of Beloeil.
The castle itself is famous for its library, which includes more than 25,000 books.
Also famous for its French styled gardens designed by Len?tre in 1711. And believe me - those gardens are huge (25ha) and perfect for festival lovers as long as they respect the nature - but we did
Both sitting in the park - enjoying the music of J.S.Bach.
I forgot to tell you that the Castle and its huge greens were open for public. On several places about 300 performers of classical music did their upmost to create an atmosphere of Baroque music or the musical world of Bach.
Typical scenary of more than 400 years ago. Now a days, J.S.Bach would drive a Honda Car !
- Pros:Great atmosphere - nice gardens to stroll around
- In a nutshell:A nice daytrip in the province of Hainaut
The Castle of Beloeil and its garden is a perfect location for classic music performances I had the occassion to... more travel advice
The garden of the castle is perfect for this kind of festival. Several performers on different and well spreaded... more travel advice
Written Aug 13, 2008
Venice in Beloeil
Written Aug 11, 2008
A butterfly in Beloeil
Luchonda's Related Pages
Beloeil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La nuit musicale de Beloeil"
- "Beloeil Village"
- "The Chateau of Beloeil"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Beloeil
- 11 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Beloeil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beloeil
Photos in BeloeilSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues