"De Haan - my favourite City" Top 5 Page for this destination De Haan by Luchonda
De Haan Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 105 photos
Old historical and english styled buildings - my favourite one day trip location to the belgian coast !!
De Haan/Wenduine is a fusion of some smaller towns and beaches in this area - like Klemskerke and Vlissegem.It was a place famous for wreckings till the end of the 19th century and became a residency for many rich people and a place for recreation ! You should look at pictures from this early 20ths
- the clothings - the cabinets - the way rich people and the locals enjoyed their holidays !Extra money to go on Holiday - result of the socialist unions didn't excist yet !!
The town was founded in 1888
by the company "Coq-sur-mer" and the architect E.Colinet
The old tram station ! In 1886 - the industrial revolution ! Train and tram became popular and this station reminds on the period ! The kings road - koninklijke weg (because this area next to Ostend was residence of the royal famly) made this area at the belgian coast very popular.
De Haan is very popular for the germans - as resident or tourist.The reason or one of them : during the second WW there was a military hospital - and many soldiers stayed here after the war !! Many shops in De Haan - Ice bars - fritten shops -
recreation shops - be welcome in the german language - typical Flanders - they speak a lot of ....
The Belgian coastline ! This statue and appartment - so different from the others ! Maybe a sculpture of the first naked woman at the belgian coast !
The residence "Goelands" next to the Hotel " Westhinder"
- Pros:Pittoresque and old english tradition style !!
- Cons:Tourists of the Wallonie - not speaking flemish !
- In a nutshell:My favourite town at the Belgian coast !!
The beach in De Haan, reconstructed in 2005 A political decision to get the Belgian coast more attractive for foreign... more travel advice
Just walking on the beach, feeding birds. Take the opportunity to walk on the beach in wintertime - no tourists - just... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
De Haan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "De Haan - my favourite City"
- "De Haan, Belle Epoque at the Belgian Coast"
- "A seaside resort with style"
- "Most beautiful town at the Belgium Cost"
- "DE HAAN - The Rooster"
- "Lovely little sea town."
- "DE HAAN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in De Haan
- Hotels in De Haan
- Transportation in De Haan
- Nightlife in De Haan
- Restaurants in De Haan
- Warnings and Dangers in De Haan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in De Haan
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to De Haan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Haan
Photos in De HaanSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues