"Ghent - my hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Gent by Luchonda
Gent Travel Guide: 1,452 reviews and 3,781 photos
As you maybe know - Belgium is mainly divided into Flanders/Wallonie/and Brussels. No discussions about politics, provinces etc.
Ghent is worthwile to visit for its historical monuments- and other cultural activities like the famous Flower Begonia/Azalea expos and different musea like the popular SMAK (Museum of modern Art).
Many concerts in "Flanders Expo" - a lot of Hotels of different classes. But certainly known, by not only insiders, the famous "Gentsche Fieste"- a yearly spectacular show and "Fieste" organized by artists all over the world.
Topics in Ghent :
Ghent or better "GANDA" is a celtic word for "Mouth"-place where two rivers meet : De Schelde and de Leie.
- St-Baafs Cathedral: A Cathedral founded by St-Amandus in 900 BC and Church with many historical values and mysteries
- Gravensteen : House of Flanders Earls
- Patershol : place of many good and cheap restaurants
- Graslei and Korenmarkt : The previous (medieval) harbour of Flanders
Ten days in the month of July - ten days Fieste !
But not only drinking and eating.
Also the unique moment to visit musea - theater - monuments
Bridge over the river Lieve.The channel located on the junction of the rivers Schelde and Lieve was a very important connection between the Nordsea and the center of Gent in the 13th century
The center of my city - view on the old postoffice.
It became in the meantime a modern shopping center
- Pros:It's cultural highlights
- In a nutshell:Capital of the province East Flanders
Ostend at the belgian coast has its yearly tradition : A Boat show (tall mainly historical sailing boats) Ghent has also... more travel advice
Eminences Grises - A street performance by my favorite group : Exces Theme : A walk through the streets of Ghent. 4... more travel advice
- See All Industrial architecture
- See All Port of Ghent - juli 2008
- See All Six days biking - top sport Flanders
- See All Rock&Roll - unplugged
- See All Beautiful views on the harbor of Ghent
Luchonda's Related Pages
Gent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ghent - my hometown"
- "July 21 in Ghent: exotic!"
- "Gent – Flemish city of three towers"
- "Simply Put: A Fabulous City"
- "Gent - Go There - Drink Beer"
- "A love affair begins...."
- "Ghent: The rebellious city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gent
- Hotels in Gent
- Transportation in Gent
- Nightlife in Gent
- Restaurants in Gent
- Shopping in Gent
- Warnings and Dangers in Gent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gent
- 173 Reviews
- 480 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 236 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Gent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gent
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues