"Another gem at the belgian coast" Nieuwpoort-Bad by Luchonda
Nieuwpoort-Bad Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 43 photos
Nieuwpoort is a municipality located in Flanders, one of the regions of Belgium, and in the Flemish province of West Flanders. The municipality comprises the city of Nieuwpoort proper and the towns of Ramskapelle and Sint-Joris.
A huge bronze piece of art by the artist Jan Fabre at the occassion of "Beaufort 2003" located at the coast line of Nieuwpoort-Bad might be a topic attraction.
It is called : "Searching for Utopia"
But in general, relaxation at a beach, a family outdoor trip for a weekend or a few weeks is the reason of visiting the coast
I enjoyed many place in the Benelux where sailing is a topic.
(Look at my Netherland pages)
But also Belgium has it's topics, like Nieuwpoort and Zeebrugge, not to forget Blankenberge.
The Pier in Nieuwpoort is famous for sailing races
BTW : A pier itself is always an attractive meeting point for tourists, sailors and enjoyers of nature.
The pier architecture is a special architecture, fighting against the force of the sea and the wind. You will find some "top piers" in the United Kingdom, and more legendary projects all over the world (Namibia.....) and the Unites States
The witch hunt, in fact a sad story
From the 15th to the 18th centuries, many European catholic governers developed a heightened concern with the phenomenon of witchcraft, seeing a new sect hostile to humanity.Those governments and catholic societies organized "hunts" for these alleged witches: accusing, torturing, and executing thousands of people.
Nieuwpoort is "celebrating?----" yearly a witch burning festivity in the month of July. Jeanne Panne is the witch to be burned. The festivity starts at the Marktplein at 4pm and ends late evening
A huge bronze piece of art by the artist Jan Fabre at the occassion of "Beaufort 2003" located at the coast line of... more travel advice
The Belgian coast is only 65 km wide but has a lot to offer. Especially the sand dunes ( not comparable with the dunes... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Nieuwpoort-Bad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Belgian coastline"
- "Another gem at the belgian coast"
- "Welcome to Nieuwpoort"
- "Nieuwpoort Bad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nieuwpoort-Bad
- Transportation in Nieuwpoort-Bad
- Restaurants in Nieuwpoort-Bad
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nieuwpoort-Bad
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Nieuwpoort-Bad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nieuwpoort-Bad
- updated a Nieuwpoort-Bad Travel Page "Another gem at the belgian coast"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Another gem at the belgian coast"
- Wrote a Review The giant Turtle in Nieuwpoort-Bad Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Commented on one of nicoleken's Nieuwpoort-Bad travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues