Sint-Amandsberg Off The Beaten Path Tips by Luchonda
Sint-Amandsberg Off The Beaten Path: 6 reviews and 6 photos
SA-first saterday in november
The Ghent diocese was looking for extra territory outside it's own frontieres - that is the reason why SA was founded and named after Sint-Amand - preacher of the word of God in the 7th century.
At the corner of "Antwerpsesteenweg/Visitatiestraat" you will find the Neo Gothic cityhall builded in 1880 by the architect De Noyette.
The picture shows a local market in november
Black and white
All Saints - a day of rememberance.
I went to this God's acre and was certainly not the only one.
This black cat seems to me a symbol of life and death - sun and darkness
In terms of the Yin and Yang expression - in which i believe - The perfect circle of contradictions.
White and black - but the most important is the center - the balance between both.
This graveyard is famous because many east flanders people of the political-cultural and religious scenary are buried here.
Campo Santo is located in the center of my little town, on a sandy hill .
The picture shows the "Amanduskapel" (1720) functioning actually as a little exhibition hall
Please knock first ..
The specific beauty of many "Beguinages"
is the way the private rooms of the religious inhabitants are protected by walls - the doors and the symbolics of their believe.
"Always welcome stranger -But please knock on the door - except you are the lord himself"
G.Hoste was the architect of this chapel called "H.Hartkerk".
It was builded in 1881 and has a neo-gothic interior.
Worth to visit -furniture of Matthias Zens - confessionals of Jozef Bauwens.
November - the first - a day of remembrance !
My father passed away the 21st of october in the year 2003. ... I always will remember him as a friend - visiting this sculpture on the most famous God's acre in my home town - Campo Santo - a place where only the greatest persons in the flandern areas are buried.
And i will say to him " Hi dad - thanks a lot for everything !"
More Reviews (12)
- See All Horse show in my little town, near Ghent
- See All For a good snack in my little town
- Sam already and always in the picture
Luchonda's Related Pages
Sint-Amandsberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sint-Amandsberg - my little town"
- "Sint Amandsberg"
- "SINT AMANDSBERG BY GHENT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sint-Amandsberg
- Hotels in Sint-Amandsberg
- Restaurants in Sint-Amandsberg
- Shopping in Sint-Amandsberg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kihei Hotels
- Labangon Hotels
- Kalawewa Hotels
- Los Barriles
- Hamilton Hotels
- Australia and Oceania
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Shockoe Bottom
- Edinburgh Off The Beaten Path
- Stock Island
- Kauai Off The Beaten Path
- Minneapolis Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Savannah Off The Beaten Path
- Wisconsin Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
Badges & Stats in Sint-Amandsberg
- 18 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Sint-Amandsberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sint-Amandsberg
Photos in Sint-AmandsbergSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues