"Visiting Waterloo by air" Top 5 Page for this destination Waterloo by Luchonda
Waterloo Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 139 photos
Waterloo-a small city in Brabant-Wallon. Strolling through this town and it’s mainstreet is a joy for the eye but not for yr credit cards. Nice but expensive shops and galleries.
The idea that this town is symbolising the battle of 1815 – a war between the french (Napoleon) and allied armies of England (Wellington) and Prussia (Blücher) is in fact a little tourist misunderstanding or trap.
“The Lion hill”-symbol of Waterloo is a remembrance of the Dutch king Willem to his wounded son – also called Willem and Prince of Orange.
The hill is artificial and result of hard labour by women – obliged to carry the sand to the top.
I never heard about this abbey - maybe they made some kind of abbey beer here - have to ask Irisbe !!
The kind of plane who helped me to conquerer - sorry discover the ruins of Waterloo
Height : 300 meters
Speed : 80 km/hr
Consumption : 12 liters/hour
- Pros:A wonderful experience
- In a nutshell:Get him high
Fly over Nivelles !! - I think it is Nivelles and sorry i didn't ask the pilot. i did intend to "sky jack" the plane and... more travel advice
I think one of cheapest ways to get into the air. and feel like a bird And please notice - my pilot was a small guy - so... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Waterloo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Waterloo, its battlefields and its lion"
- "Napoleon did surrender"
- "Visiting Waterloo by air"
- "Where Napoleon faced his final defeat"
- "The battlefield of Waterloo"
- "Walking on Historic Ground"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Waterloo
- Transportation in Waterloo
- Restaurants in Waterloo
- Shopping in Waterloo
- Warnings and Dangers in Waterloo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Waterloo
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Waterloo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waterloo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues