"Sand sculpture Festival in Zeebrugge." Top 5 Page for this destination Zeebrugge by Luchonda
Zeebrugge Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 435 photos
Belgian Coast !
Zeebrugge-located at the belgian coast is in fact a container terminal receiving vessels of more than 4000 ton.But yearly there is a famous Festival going on!!
Highlights (i.e. best things to do, memorable moments, etc.) :
But yearly there is a sand-sculpture festival on the beach - always exposing different themes such as :
The fall of the Roman Empire
Bruges-City of Europe and in 2001, "The dinosaurs"
Ticket price is about 13 euro/pp excluding drinks/food. There are several stands where famous belgian beers are served.The prices of fast food are acceptable.
Quick tips/suggestions :
Combine this one day trip to see the beauty of the Belgian coast and its Festival.
Best Way to Get Around (i.e. walking, driving, taxis, public transportation etc.) :
From Ghent or Brussels by train is the easiest way. Special ticketing including transport and entrance fee.
This yearly Festival is constructed by means of 8.300 tons of sand (5.800 tons of local sand and 2.500 tons of special block shaped sand).
About 160 carvers are helping hands. Two artists and four supervisors are responsible for the OUTLOOK and theme expression.
The sculpture area covers about 5.700 m2 and the highest point reaches 14 meters.
Make shure you visit this PARK in the late afternoon and early evening (sundown gives a special athmosphere)
It is a nice one day trip for old and young. All facilities are foreseen.
I think this was the best sand-sculpture festival until now. The carvers came from different countries such as the Netherlands/Ireland/France/Spain and even the US.
In Scheveningen there is a yearly tradition of sand-sculptures too - so make your choice.
In fact it is not a warning tip on private visiting the sandsculpture festival in Zeebrugge. But this happened today : -... more travel advice
Zeebrugge - the second most important harbour of Belgium - located between Knokke and Ostende. Zeebrugge is in fact a... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Zeebrugge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Z E E B R U G G E"
- "Sand sculpture Festival in Zeebrugge."
- "ZEEBRUGGE Sand sculpture"
- "The biggest port in West Flanders"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zeebrugge
- Transportation in Zeebrugge
- Restaurants in Zeebrugge
- Warnings and Dangers in Zeebrugge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zeebrugge
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Zeebrugge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zeebrugge
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Commented on one of chicabonita's Zeebrugge travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Latest News on 07/08/2003"
- Wrote a Review Latest News on 07/08/2003 in Zeebrugge Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Zeebrugge Travelogue "Zeebrugge - Brugge/Bruges - sandsculptures 2003"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues