"Italy - seen by international carvers" Italy by Luchonda
Italy Travel Guide: 68,947 reviews and 184,280 photos
Leonardo Da Vinci - painter, architect, engineer and sculptor created the famous Mona Lisa - symbol of human beauty.
I didn't visit Italy so often.But at the belgian coast (Zeebrugge/Blankenberge)
it became a yearly tradition to show some cities, legends and history by means of sandsculpturing. So in this way
"Ciao bella Italy"
Best Way to get to Blankenberge (i.e. walking, driving, taxis, public transportation etc.) :
From Ghent or Brussels by train is the easiest way. Special ticketing including transport and entrance fee.
This yearly Festival is constructed by means of 8.300 tons of sand (5.800 tons of local sand and 2.500 tons of special block shaped sand).
About 160 carvers are helping hands. Two artists and four supervisors are responsible for the OUTLOOK and theme expression.
Bocca della Verità or "the mouth of the truth".The person who dares to put his hand in the mouth of God Oceanus and is a liar ....
You will find this monument in Rome
The italians pretend to be the best lovers in Europe. Mmm LOL
Let us state that it is a classical myth but one thing is no myth.The several statues in the so called Renancence period are gorgious.
- Pros:The beauty of some cities like Verona and Firenze
Visiting several places in Europe became cheap. Take Ryan Air or Virgin, and explore Europe from south to north, from... more travel advice
Birth of Venus - by S.Botticelli A highlight whenever visiting the Uffizi museum in Florence. more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Italy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buongiorno Italia, Ti amo Italia"
- "ITALIA - PREGO!"
- "Italia nel cuore"
- "Italia - awakens passion, gives life & confidence"
- "Italy wishlist"
- "The Many Faces of Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Italy
- Hotels in Italy
- Transportation in Italy
- Nightlife in Italy
- Restaurants in Italy
- Shopping in Italy
- Warnings and Dangers in Italy
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Italy
- 134 Reviews
- 295 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Italy
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Italy hotels
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8137 Reviews - 21375 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5082 Reviews - 11268 Photos
- Milan Hotels
- 2765 Reviews - 6830 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 627 Reviews - 1400 Photos
- Positano Hotels
- 300 Reviews - 632 Photos
- Amalfi Hotels
- 255 Reviews - 728 Photos
- Pisa Hotels
- 1384 Reviews - 3892 Photos
- Taormina Hotels
- 259 Reviews - 697 Photos
- Trieste Hotels
- 744 Reviews - 1940 Photos
- Verona Hotels
- 1694 Reviews - 4251 Photos
- Siena Hotels
- 890 Reviews - 2681 Photos
- Bologna Hotels
- 1029 Reviews - 2935 Photos
- La Spezia Hotels
- 120 Reviews - 250 Photos
- Lucca Hotels
- 568 Reviews - 1478 Photos