"The Netherlands - STAVOREN - Friesland" Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Friesland by Luchonda

Provincie Friesland Travel Guide: 619 reviews and 1,979 photos

A friendly MEMO to Chiara !!

"I've never been sailing before-but a girlfriend invited me to taste the experience - so this is my "Maidentrip""
Highlights (i.e. best things to do, memorable moments, etc.) :
The weather was not that good during the weekend. Sometimes the wind was blowing very hard. But there was a great "Teamspirit" which allowed our boatsman and the crew to go for it - in a safe way.
Quick tips/suggestions :
Best Way to Get Around (i.e. walking, driving, taxis, public transportation etc.) :
We went there by car (300 km). The boat was rented for a weekend and we explored the "Ijsselmeer" for many hours.
What It's Like:
We left Belgium early in the morning for a 300 km trip to Stavoren. Crossing "Le Plat Pays" is a jewel for the eye. We saw many "rainbows" - even triple ones (never saw it before). Once arrived we received our instructions and responsibilities by our friend - an experienced sailor. He explained to us how a sailboat works and how to keep it under control. It is engined by the wind. And oh Lord - there was more than enough of it. In the evening we harboured in typical, small Dutch places with nice restaurants.

Eline and Joris

The skipper and his lady! Thx to both
the crew had a great adventure on a trip in northern Netherlands !

Typical landscape

Friesland - a country to see in the north - enjoy the many rainbows and the historical type of Farms !

• Last visit to Provincie Friesland: Jun 2000
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2003

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 10:34 AM

I love Friesland! I wish I were there right now, it's so hot here already.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2005 at 10:27 AM

Just returned from Friesland and loved every bit of it!!! Wonderful page, Luc!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 12:32 PM

A nice page on your weekend sailing experience Luc! It is something I would love to try as well. I watched a 2-hour program on TV last night, commemorating the 60th anniversary of Canadian troops liberating the Netherlands in WW2.

• alza's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2004 at 5:05 PM

fun page! thanks Luc. I saw a bit of Friesland years ago. And Giethoorn, but that's more east I think... Really loved all the water and landscapes. :-)

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2004 at 2:43 AM

lovely friesland page ... and i gather u know there s more to friesland than just water ;-)

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2004 at 10:37 AM

Very nice Luc, it must be great seeing Friesland by boat ,we have seen Friesland by car ,and I think Friesland is a beautiful Provincie in Nederland ,Great page Luc.

• Marcin75's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2003 at 11:43 PM

Sail-ho! Great to see a picture of a nice boat in a good, windy weather ;-)

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2003 at 8:26 PM

Boatspotters, I like that too.....Friesland ist eigentlich schoen!!

• hundertmorgen's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2003 at 4:10 AM

Thanks for the great tips and impressions... I also like this region for sailing very much.

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2003 at 7:46 AM

Prachtige fotos van de boten op het Ysselmeer!!het lijkt wel een schilderij!!Mooie page van lijkt me ..een fijn weekend!

Luchonda

“"You may say i'm a dreamer - but please join me"”

Badges & Stats in Provincie Friesland

Have you been to Provincie Friesland?