"Sirmione and its castle" Sirmione by Luchonda
Sirmione Travel Guide: 162 reviews and 498 photos
The Romans builded two castles, two harbours, a settlement and the gigantic villa that rises on rocks and powerfully towers on the lake. On the fundations of the old eastern harbour, the Scaligers later built their famous fortress.
Encircled by the lake, the fortress, which dates from the 13th Century, stands imposingly the entrance to the town.
The Scaligery family had a great influence on Verona and surroundings.
On buildings and monuments :
- Like this fortress in Sirmione
- Like the bridge in Verona itself - named after them.
- Like the surrounding walls (10 km in lenght) protecting Verona
I'm shure there must be many more.
A charming, graceful yet strong and imposing bultwark, one of the most beautiful buildings in this area of Italy.
But another tip, please take a boat and strand at the private island
"Isola del Garda" - you will see more of the architectural strenght in Italy
and the beauty of nature, all this encircled by the Garda Lake itself
I never stayed in this hotel. But as far i could notice , entering the hotel till the reception, the hotel consists out... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Sirmione Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place of the Magical Waters"
- "A beauty and excellent company"
- "Sirmione on Lake Garda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sirmione
- Hotels in Sirmione
- Transportation in Sirmione
- Nightlife in Sirmione
- Restaurants in Sirmione
- Shopping in Sirmione
- Warnings and Dangers in Sirmione
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sirmione
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Sirmione?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sirmione
Photos in SirmioneSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues