"On our way to Ghadames" Qasr al Hajj by Luchonda
Qasr al Hajj Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 58 photos
The way from Tripoli to Ghadames, by bus, is long (500km), but believe me you will be able to visit some intermediate places, my first contact with the Berberian traditions was Quasr Al-Hajj. One of a topic, next to Ghadames of course.
This village is home to Libya's largest and most spectacular example of Berber architecture, "en route to Ghadames"
The "Quasr"- Fort was builded in the second half of the 12th century
as a fortified granary for the local nomads ( you will see many of those granaries in the Nalut area)
You will enter the Quasr from the eastern side.
The main court is breathtaking, the way of storing goods unique as far as i know. There are 114 storage deposits, the same number as there are chapters in the Quran. Not to wonder because the qasr was builded by Sheikh Abu Jatla, a deep religious ruler in this area.
- Pros:First visit to berber traditions
- In a nutshell:An interesting place in Western Libya, in fact a must
Luchonda's Related Pages
Qasr al Hajj Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Qasr al Hajj
- Hotels in Qasr al Hajj
- Nightlife in Qasr al Hajj
- Restaurants in Qasr al Hajj
- Warnings and Dangers in Qasr al Hajj
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Qasr al Hajj
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Qasr al Hajj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Qasr al Hajj
Photos in Qasr al HajjSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues