"Apollonia-Susah" Susah by Luchonda
Susah Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 49 photos
The ruins of Apollonia run along a narrow strip of land bordering the med.sea for around 1 km.
So a pleasant feeling to stroll around.
Most of what remains today dates from the Byzantine era
(5th/6th century AD) when the city was known as "city of churches.
Duke's palace was once the biggest palace of Cyrenaica. The Byzantine governor lived here with his maitresse Theodora.
The Eastern basilica was the biggest in all of Cyrenaica. Many of the original marble columns still remains standing. The used marble was imported from Greece.
After a pleasant and interesting 1km walk you will arrive at the eastern docks of Apollonia, and the former theater.... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Susah Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Susah
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Susah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Susah
Photos in SusahSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues