"Went back to Egypt in May 2005" Top 5 Page for this destination Temple of Abu Simbel by Luchonda
Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Guide: 267 reviews and 921 photos
I visited Egypt already 10 years ago - together with Kim, my daughter. But we never stranded deeper than Aswan, the most beautiful place to be in Egypt.
Now i will go back, at last and especially to see the Temple of Abu Simbel - the temple of Ramses II and his beloved wife Nefertari. Due to the installation of a flood controlled barrage, this tremendous temple, builded 32 centuries ago was cutted into more than 1000 blocks of stone and moved, in 1959 , only 60 meters further.
I planned a trip to this temple directly by the Nile Ship Nubian Sea.
A trip on the nile for 4 nights, than back to Luxor for two days, visiting the temples. I was looking forward.
More than 3000 builders and scarvers made it possible to move this impressive temple.It took more than 4 years to remove this impressive temple addicted to Ramses II , most of the money paid by the UNESCO
Abu Simbel - sound and music show. A special attraction to finalize my visit to this wonder of the world.The program is presented in a number of languages with the provision of ear phones.
The facade of the Great Temple of Ramses is about 38 meters long and 31 meters high. The temple is dedicated to the most important gods of the New Kingdom, Ptah (the creator god of Memphis), Amun-Re (the great god of Thebes) and Re-Harakhte (sun god of Heliopolis), as well as to the Pharaoh Ramses II himself. The four colossi, statues of Ramses II (c. 1290-1224 BCE), are more than 20 meters high and about 4 meters from ear to ear.
- Pros:The final target of my second trip to Egypt
- In a nutshell:A dream became true
A five star cruise ship, cabins of about 22m2, equiped with all the basics, on a boat. The restaurant and of course the... more travel advice
During the campaign to save the Nubian monuments, when the Aswan High Dam was built, this temple was dismantled and... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Went back to Egypt in May 2005"
- "Abu Simbel Temples"
- "Thank you all, who shared in saving our heritage"
- "Temple of Abu Simbel"
- "The Amazing Temples of Abu Simbel"
- "Abu Simbel--Warning Sign to the Nubian South"
- "Abu Simbel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Temple of Abu Simbel
- Hotels in Temple of Abu Simbel
- Transportation in Temple of Abu Simbel
- Nightlife in Temple of Abu Simbel
- Restaurants in Temple of Abu Simbel
- Shopping in Temple of Abu Simbel
- Warnings and Dangers in Temple of Abu Simbel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Temple of Abu Simbel
- 38 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Temple of Abu Simbel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Temple of Abu Simbel
- updated a Temple of Abu Simbel Travel Page "Went back to Egypt in May 2005"
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Temple of Abu Simbel travel pages
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Wrote a Review From Aswan to Abu Simbel - by boat in Temple of Abu Simbel Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nubian people"
Photos in Temple of Abu SimbelSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues