"Revisiting Luxor and Karnak" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak by Luchonda
Al Karnak Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 549 photos
My first trip to Egypt was in 1995 - so i revisited this part of Egypt 10 years ago, together with my daughter.
Luxor is, next to Aswan a very nice location at the west and east banks of the Nile. A rather small city (70.000 inhabitants) and easy to visit, by walking or taking a cheap local taxi. Walking on the Nile Boulevard next to the river, looking at the many boats is special.
Luxor is a good starting point to vistit the many historical and architectual highlights of Egypt.
-The luxor temple itself
-The Karnak Temple
-The valley of the dead
-A trip to the temple of Dendera
-Abydos in the north and Esna or Edfu in the south
Between the second and third pylon
you will find the gallery of pillars.
A wonder of Egyptian architecture dated from th 14the century B.C.
Seems to be the biggest gallery of pillars in the world (103m by 52m)
The statue of Toetanchamon at the temple of Karnak.
The temple dedicated to the the local God of ancient Thebe " Amon" was builded by Seti I and Ramses II
Echnaton destructed many sculpures in this temple - Toetanchamon and Ramses II rebuilded the temple of Karnak.
This picture shows how a roof was constructed, many centuries ago - B.C. The first part of a temple was always... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Al Karnak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Christmas in Karnak"
- "el karnak .... mish mumkin ya habibi!"
- "Jumping Around Karnak!"
- "Revisiting Luxor and Karnak"
- "the largest temple complex ever built"
- "Al Karnak: the location of a gorgeous temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al Karnak
- Hotels in Al Karnak
- Transportation in Al Karnak
- Restaurants in Al Karnak
- Warnings and Dangers in Al Karnak
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al Karnak
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Al Karnak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Karnak
Photos in Al KarnakSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues