Baracoa Things to Do Tips by Luchonda Top 5 Page for this destination
Baracoa Things to Do: 31 reviews and 30 photos
There is still no official religion in Cuba.
But the believes of Cubans is dominated by Santeria - a religion of people of African descent. Although it incorporates a number of Christian themes and motifs - the heart and soul is African. (Picture taken by Ingrid - my travelfriend in Cuba
I do not know why i like this picture.
Maybe because the strenght this bull is showing reminds me at the optimism of the Cuban people. The regime nor the American embargo will keep them from happiness.
Street in Baracoa
Strolling around in Baracoa with Ingrid and Virgin - direction towards Virgins home. We are invited - we will meet her family - we will meet Cubas way of living.
Directions: Baracoa center
The center of Baracoa - another view on the t famous and first church of Cuba.
This is the place where many locals meet,day and night - where you can get a taxi - car, bike - for a good price.
Hotel Castillo is very near and will give you an exiting overview on the village.
Address: Baracoa center
The oldest Church in Cuba - founded in 1512
The parish priest named Valentin Sanz is a very interesting man in this part of Cuba.
We tried to meet him - but we failed.
This church is welknown by the Parra Cross - the cross of the Santa Maria (CC)
Address: Parque Central Baracoa
Directions: Central Baracoa
El Yunque - a mountain dominating the bay of Baracao and rises to 530 meter above the level of the atlantic ocean
Picture was taken from the famous Hotel Castillo - take a deep breath before climbing all the stairs - but the view is marvelous.
The hotel was a previous fortress (Sanguily Fort) - guarding the eastern bay of Cuba.
Directions: East Cuba
Stranded tanker ship
A ship, stranded, for always, in the bay of Baracoa - a typical view from my hotel - from the village ! A monument .
Address: Baracoa Bay
Directions: Baracoa bay, once CC landed here - after him the ....
Tropical center in Baracoa - in the mainstreet - up to the Church and the triangal square - a meeting place for inhabitants and tourists.
Directions: Triangel square in Baracoa center
Hiring a Bicitax - officially not allowed - but however - getting to the Baracoa center - and than this Grafity wall - we had to get out the taxi because there was a hill the driver ....
But oké - my cam was ready !
Beaches at Maguana
Hire a private taxi - cheap - and enjoy the beaches of Baracoa - a not touristic place in this small world ! Easten Cuba is a must !
Directions: Eastern Cuba
More Reviews (53)
- See All Strolling around on the beach
- See All Blue skies and beaches
- See All Campismo in Cuba
- See All Nice place to be...
Luchonda's Related Pages
Baracoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baracoa - "Land of waters""
- "ah! to come back to Baracoa after Travel and Work"
- "RickL's new Baracoa Page"
- "Baracoa - Way off the beaten path"
- "Stranding in sight of the top from El Junci"
- "Baracoa - Cuban Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baracoa
- Hotels in Baracoa
- Transportation in Baracoa
- Nightlife in Baracoa
- Restaurants in Baracoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Baracoa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Baracoa
- 72 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Baracoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baracoa
Photos in BaracoaSee All Photos (110)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues