"Camagüey - "The Legendary city"" Camagüey by Luchonda
Camagüey Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 86 photos
The legendary because this city is known for it's traditional heroism and patriotism.
Camagüey is the biggest Province in Cuba - but also the province with lowest qty of population.It is the province of cattle farms
In the picture : The statue of the hero Agramonte - the Cathedral and one of the four Royal palm trees planted as a memorial of a group nationalists who got killed in 1851. The Palms are symbolic as monuments for the rebels, because the spanish gouvernment never would accept.
In the background :
The Cathedral "Nuestra senora de la Candelaria" Remarkable in this Cathedral is the wooden ceiling
In front the statue replica of "Marianne" - the lady of the french revolution.
France had a big influence in architecture and monuments in Cuba
The local hero in Camagüey and the national banner.
As you can see symbolical wise , Cuba needs a little more help to straighten the flag - so mister president of the US - stop the embargo - Cuba is no longer a strategic island for you.
The russians became aware already decades ago - now it is your turn.Mexican government ! thanks for helping Cuba with food/gas and the basics Cuban locals needs to survive
This is not a political statement - but a human demand !
Central poles and chains to stop vehicles entering the city !
(picture by J@C))
Sometimes we noticed the name HABANA on the poles ?! Question of flexibility between the cities ?
No matter the name - aslong as it fits !
Camagüey was founded in 1514 by Diego Velaquez and was called Puerto Principe till 1903.Camaguez
means "Indian Chief" Camaguebax.
The urbanisation is very special - small streets like a labyrinth and erected in this way to fight against pirates coming from the sea
- Pros:Very nice and clean city
- In a nutshell:Another highlight in Cuba
Marvelous - cuban music till late in the evening Breakfast early morning - nice bar and Pina Colada (the best in Cuba) -... more travel advice
Local people will invite you to have diner or lunch at their private accomodations - just go for it - no danger - just... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Camagüey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Camagüey - "The Legendary city""
- "The road is taking me home again!"
- "Torontos's Nuevitas, Camagüey Page"
- "Camagüey with me...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Camagüey
- Hotels in Camagüey
- Transportation in Camagüey
- Nightlife in Camagüey
- Restaurants in Camagüey
- See All...
Explore the World
- J P Coleman State Park Hotels
- Castel Gandolfo
- Kos Island
- British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Jeju-do Hotels
- Lake Placid
- Czech Republic
- Bora-Bora Hotels
- Ausable Chasm
- Greater Accra Region Hotels
- Oberengstringen Hotels
- Naxos Island
Badges & Stats in Camagüey
- 16 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Camagüey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Camagüey
Photos in CamagüeySee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues