Havana Off The Beaten Path Tips by Luchonda Top 5 Page for this destination
Havana Off The Beaten Path: 78 reviews and 89 photos
The statue of Maximo Gomez - rebel leader during the two wars of independancy (1868/1878)(1895/1899) and pictured early morning while Camel busses are transporting the Habaneros to their destiny!
To their work- to their homes.No matter what - but this is Habana early morning.
Habana and it's wall decorations. I did not see the decoration during my visit in may.But one thing is for shure - Habaneros are very inventive to decor their streets.
Old glory - many french statues in restaurants and public houses. This pub is near the Beatles monument in Habana. Take care - the price list for drinks is different for local club members and tourists.But this is Cuba !!!
Palacio de Artesania - SE Habana - calle Cuba. The building itself is an example of the renovation politics in Habana.
A nice spot to visit for shopping and relaxing.
Listen to the local bands.
Near a bus station at the Paseo del Prado.Nice spot to be early morning and see the work of some grafity artists.
The previous prison of Habana where many freedom fighters of the revolucion were hold.(date 1830) It is located at the calle Cuba and still a police station.
No heroic monuments of Castro in Cuba
Except this one - at Calle 23/12 in Vedado/Habana
Reason : No monuments of living people and secondly - he is already printed in the minds of every Cuban.
"Revolution through and for the Humble"
Habana - city stealing my heart - city in fully renovation.This is the way Habana should look like - after many years to come - after spending a lot of money ! But i will come back
Walking on the Marti ..
At my previous and latest strolling through the streets... i noticed this !!
A well renovated building at the so called "Rambla of Habana" - curious people - nice wall deco's
Habana - central part - behind the Capitolio
The way of life and accomodation in the capital of Cuba - i hope that this will change in the next couple of decades !
More Reviews (76)
- See All Cuban music in Habana AND Ghent-Belgium
- See All Shopping in Habana
- See All Another oldie
- See All The Capitolio
- See All Meeting Pablo
Luchonda's Related Pages
Havana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to HAVANA !!!! ;)"
- "Habana - La ciudad de las columnas"
- "Felt like going back in time..."
- "Balcon al Caribe"
- "The faded beauty of Havana"
- "CITY OF MY LIFE"
- "LA HABANA VIEJA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Havana
- Hotels in Havana
- Transportation in Havana
- Nightlife in Havana
- Restaurants in Havana
- Shopping in Havana
- Warnings and Dangers in Havana
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sanya Hotels
- West Glocester Hotels
- Banner Elk Hotels
- Kenitra Hotels
- Tak Bai
- Green Bay Off The Beaten Path
- Williamsburg Off The Beaten Path
- Bakersfield Off The Beaten Path
- Burma Off The Beaten Path
- Isla de Gran Canaria Off The Beaten Path
- Tacoma Off The Beaten Path
- Dubai Off The Beaten Path
- Daylesford Off The Beaten Path
- Multan Off The Beaten Path
- Jávea Off The Beaten Path
- Anastasia Island State Park.
- Zaragoza Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Havana
- 91 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Havana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Havana
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Havana travel pages
- updated a Havana Travel Page "Habana - La ciudad de las columnas"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cuban music in Habana AND Ghent-Belgium"
- Wrote a Review Cuban music in Habana AND Ghent-Belgium in Havana Nightlife
Photos in HavanaSee All Photos (136)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Havana hotel reviews
- Islazul Las Terrazas Aparthotel Cuba
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2013
- Hotel Plaza
- 226 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Kohly Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Hotel Inglaterra
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- NH Parque Central
- 1846 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Neptuno Triton
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Melia Habana
- 272 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Islazul Hotel Caribbean
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Hotel Melia Cohiba
- 460 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Hotel Caribbean
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Saratoga
- 470 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Hotel de Los Frailes
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hostal Del Tejadillo
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Hotel Saint John's
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2013
- Playas de Este - The Beaches- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Habana Vieja - Old Havana- 42 Reviews, 68 Photos
- The Malecon- 34 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Plaza de la Revolution- 36 Reviews, 66 Photos
- El Capitolio- 39 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Cigar Factories- 15 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Castillo el Morro- 17 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Museo de la Revolution - Revolution Museum- 21 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Plaza de la Catedral - Cathedral Square- 13 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Catedral de San Cristobal- 21 Reviews, 38 Photos
See All Havana Things to Do