"Habana - La ciudad de las columnas" Top 5 Page for this destination Havana by Luchonda
Havana Travel Guide: 1,585 reviews and 3,603 photos
The famous Malecon and the Morro Fortress behind. Just an orgasm (for yr camera) to walk over - seeing people travelling by and knowing that this city has such a historical background reflecting the cold war between east and west !
A cold shower was maybe good for the leaders like Kennedy and Chroesjtov ! I'm going back definately at the end of this year and will say instead of : "Ich bin ein Berliner" - I'm a citizen of Habana
To quote H¨Portocarero : Habana is the most sensual ruin in this world.
Picture from the album : "Hecho on Cuba"
In the 50/60ths many jazz orchestras
developed - giving new impulses and spurring innovation.I think this musician is the most famous : next to Compay Segundo - Gonyales and so many others i certainly will discover during my second visit in this beautiful country !
Ray Cooder brought this legend musician back to live with his film of
"Buena Vista Social Club ! i could admire also the maybe last live performance - thanks to my friend Ingrid - and this in Brussels a few years ago !
Cuban music and dances are popular in Belgium.
Septeto Nacional Ignacio Pineira - Patrimonia de la cultura Cubana
The oldest Cuban and legendary "SON" group, started in 1927, mainly in the Harbor area of Habana and nominated for the Grammy award 2004 ( in the meantime the 3rd generation already)
They made a tour accross Europe - Belgium, The Netherlands, France, Germany and Norway. ' April/May 2006 and i was lucky to see them in Ghent - enjoyed definately the super show and had great Cuba memories.
Recent discography :
-Poetas del son - 2002
-Habana Mood - 2000
-The Cuba son - 1999
-Son- soneando - 1999
-Mas Cuba Libres - 1998
Highlighted son(gs) - "Coco mai mai" and "Nos jueges con los Santos"
Also a picture from the album
"Hecho on Cuba"
Gonyales is a living legend - one of the greatest folk music pianists - born in 1919. Whenever this album is in your private collection - you will turn it grey - just relaxing and reflecting in a mirror of Cuban music.
A tip : buy his album "introducing RG" - a Buena Vista Collecting CD and enjoy the different styles of music like :
The Cha Cha Cha : La Enganadora
The Guaracha : Cumbanchero
Danzon : Tres Linda Cubanas
Bolero : Melodia del Rio
Cancion : Siboney
Gosh this country is so rich not only in music - but also in historical importance - buildings and poetry !
- Pros:The Malecon and the old town -best place in Havana
- Cons:But there are more nice places
- In a nutshell:A Capital to visit
Ghent - yes Ghent in Belgium.Invited by Ingrid, my travelling partner in Cuban Areas The publicity that there was a... more travel advice
Palacio de Artesania - SE Habana - calle Cuba. The building itself is an example of the renovation politics in Habana. A... more travel advice
- See All Another oldie
- See All The Capitolio
- See All Meeting Pablo
- See All Donated busses
Luchonda's Related Pages
Havana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to HAVANA !!!! ;)"
- "Habana - La ciudad de las columnas"
- "Felt like going back in time..."
- "Balcon al Caribe"
- "The faded beauty of Havana"
- "CITY OF MY LIFE"
- "LA HABANA VIEJA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Havana
- Hotels in Havana
- Transportation in Havana
- Nightlife in Havana
- Restaurants in Havana
- Shopping in Havana
- Warnings and Dangers in Havana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Havana
- 91 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 70 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Havana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Havana
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Havana travel pages
- updated a Havana Travel Page "Habana - La ciudad de las columnas"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cuban music in Habana AND Ghent-Belgium"
- Wrote a Review Cuban music in Habana AND Ghent-Belgium in Havana Nightlife
Photos in HavanaSee All Photos (136)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues