"Trinidad - witness of slave trading" Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad by Luchonda
Trinidad Travel Guide: 280 reviews and 915 photos
Trinidad was the biggest area of sugar production.
It is now a place to visit and feel here in this Town the athmosphere of the past.The streets didn't change much - no car driving allowed and the houses are rebuilded by the UNESCO.
This picture shows a part of the parque and a view on the musea Romantico - a former abbey of
In many places in Cuba - where cars are forbidden to enter you will find parts of cannons to block the road - the are nestled upside down - black and so effective.
Trinidad is a city of musea - like
-The Museo de Arquitectura
-The Museo Romantico
-The Museo Municipal de Historia
There are many legends on this city :
So this one - the sewerage in the streets are located in the center because a former gouverner had a problem with his legs - one shorter than the other - so this way of building sewerages made it possible to walk straight upon
This tower (40m) was builded to have an overview on the sugar plantages and the slaves.
Second legend : The owner of a tobacco farm had two sons - falling in love with the same women - they wanted to marry her - but she was a slave.The father said - the son who
presents me a proper idea to reconstruct this farm will be the man who can marry her.
One son said - let us built a waterwhole - so during dry seasons - we will have always water.
The other son said - let us built a tower - so we have a better overview on the farm - and watching the slaves on their labour will become more easy.The problem was - both ideas where splendid - the solution : the father married the
slave himself and was happy for the rest of ....
The Tower seen by a Cuban Artist
"Trinidad - a city (70.000 inhabitants)
of many famous families in Cuba - the "Brunets" - the "Ortiz" and of course the Iznaga family
- Pros:Only pro's - a place to visit musea - like in Habana
- In a nutshell:A highlight in Cuba
The Iznaga estate Tower This tower (40m) was builded to have an overview on the sugar plantages and the slaves. The... more travel advice
Jan and Claudine were just strolling around in Trinida - found and pictured this house and oldsmobile ! Jan in the... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Trinidad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trinidad - witness of slave trading"
- "Trinidad - an image of the past"
- "La ciudad de la siesta"
- "Having a great time in Trinidad"
- "ITS HOTTTTTTTTTTTT in the CITY!!!"
- "Trinidad de Cuba, Sancti Spiritus, Cuba."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trinidad
- Hotels in Trinidad
- Transportation in Trinidad
- Nightlife in Trinidad
- Restaurants in Trinidad
- Shopping in Trinidad
- Warnings and Dangers in Trinidad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trinidad
- 33 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Trinidad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trinidad
- updated a Trinidad Travel Page "Trinidad - witness of slave trading"
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- Commented on one of Alicja1's Trinidad travel pages
- Wrote a Review Trinidad and his famous sugar fields about Nature in Trinidad Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Trinidad and his famous sugar fields"
Photos in TrinidadSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues