"Valle de Calchaqui" Cachi by Luchonda
Cachi Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 75 photos
Cachi might be the most beautiful village in Valle de Calchaqui.
The inhabitants are Cachaquis, the architecture/buildings are expressing the relative rich past and history in this area near the Chili border (80km)
- Plaza 9de Julio
- Former Cabildo : actually museum of archeology
- Iglesias San Jose : in my opinion a visit worthed. built in the 17th century, mainly by local woods (what else than "cactus wood" will you find in this area ?) This parish church is simple and unpretentious, a marked difference to the colonial structures in Salta.
Other mainbuilding/markets on the square
- Tourist info center
- The Mercado Artesanal - daily
- Oliver cafe where you can find the best cafe chico in town (only 2Ps)
- Restaurant El Aujero
Café located at the main square
Here you will get the best "Café Chico" at a buttom price and an excellent view on the square itself, looking at the local students passing by in their typical school dress.
- Pros:Relaxing time after a hard day trip
- In a nutshell:Place to be having a good meal and café chico
To less teachers in Cachi, therefore there is a morning and a afternoon schedule to educate the children. Traditional... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Cachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hiking around Cachi"
- "Cachi in the Valles Calchaquies"
- "Valle de Calchaqui"
- "Unexplored and amazing"
- "Day trip to Cachi from Salta"
- "Cachi, Argentina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cachi
- Hotels in Cachi
- Transportation in Cachi
- Restaurants in Cachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Cachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cachi
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Cachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cachi
Photos in CachiSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues