Humahuaca Things to Do Tips by Luchonda Top 5 Page for this destination
Humahuaca Things to Do: 23 reviews and 36 photos
Overview - map from the net
Overview thx to "Moon travel planner"
Salta la Linda (the beauty) in the north of Argentina
Ideal location to visit (daytrip) Cafayate in the south (RN49) and Park National Los Cardones.
Second daytrip : to Humahuaca and it's valley, in the north .
Also a highlight and more to the south, Parque Nacional Talampaya.
Alternatives : Humahuaca after a stay in Jujuy, PNT after a stay in La Rioja
Directions: Salta Province
Locals selling handy craft
Humahuaca, a very small town but so reflecting the life of the original inhabitants.
The central "Plaza" is impressive, the local markets of indian handycrafts typical, a cheap remembrance by a statue to an Indian hero.
But never let us forget that the spanish invasion in the 16 century graved this civilization, "parked" the locals in a kind of reservation areas, especially in the north of Argentina.
This is a politic personel statement and efinatly history, forget about this, this is a travel sharing website.
Painters Valley/Palet is a fantastic and impressive valley to see, located somewhere on the
road RN9 in the Quabrada de Humahuaca.
Make a stop here, near the cementary of Maimara.
Next to the panoramic view, school children will give you a small present, not asking for money, but simply giving you their personel adres, so you can write them or send a postcard from your country. They are collecting postcards from all over the world. Don't disappoint them.
Address: Maimara cementary
Directions: Humahuaca - RN9
Purmamarca-Town of the Lion
In Quachua language Purmamarca means "town of the lion" and in Aimara language means "town of virginal earth". Pumamarca rises 2275 metres above the sea level and is encircled by the River Purmamarca in the north and by hillocks, forming a canyon, in the south. As it is placed at the base of the Cerro de los Siete Colores the place has a special charm.
The Cerro de los Siete Colores ("Hill of the Seven Colours") that has sedimentary rocks of different colours -ochre, red, purple- and is placed behind the city in the Canyon of Purmamarca, a canyon that meets the Canyon of Humahuaca.
More Reviews (3)
Luchonda's Related Pages
Humahuaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Humahaca : my favourite Quechua town and region"
- "The place where God created colors"
- "Colors of Humahuaca"
- "Quebrada or not ? Quebrada ou pas ?"
- "Don't think so much, GO THERE!!!!"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hikkaduwa Hotels
- Vorderer Langbathsee Hotels
- Humboldt Lagoons State Park Hotels
- Edgworth Hotels
Badges & Stats in Humahuaca
- 7 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Humahuaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Humahuaca
Photos in HumahuacaSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Humahuaca hotel reviews
- Hostel El Portillo
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2009