"Salta, north-west Argentina" Top 5 Page for this destination Salta by Luchonda
Salta Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 364 photos
The north-west was the first port of call for Spanish Conquistadors entering the country from Peru in the sixteenth century. Although, as a result, the region is steeped in Spanish history and traditions, there are also fascinating archaeological sites bearing witness to the pre-Hispanic heritage of the country.
The last big city on the road to Bolivia, Peru and the north of Chili
Salta is so different from Jujuy on the touristic point of view, the Salta gouvernment did not sleep
Traces of a rich colonial period and now a main area for caddling, sugar and tabacco cultivating.
Frequently visited by backpackers on their way to the nearby countries or to the Capital Buenos Aires, even further : Patagonia
Los Cardones National Park is located in the central western part of the Salta Province, between the designated... more travel advice
A daytrip via the "Cuesta del Obispo" to the National Park located at a height of 3300 meters, another experience in... more travel advice
Luchonda's Related Pages
Salta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salta, la linda"
- "First view of the Andes"
- "Salta La Linda"
- "Salta, Argentina: Inca Empire stopped here"
- "Salta, north-west Argentina"
- "Salta "La Linda""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salta
- Hotels in Salta
- Transportation in Salta
- Nightlife in Salta
- Restaurants in Salta
- Shopping in Salta
- Warnings and Dangers in Salta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salta
- 9 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Salta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salta
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues