"Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes" Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium by Luchonda

Belgium Travel Guide: 22,203 reviews and 55,896 photos

Brussels - Capital of Belgium

This is a street scenary in the Hoogstraat in BXL - in front of the restaurant "Ici Méme"
A golden tip of my friend Ingrid and a memory on strip albums of the most famous belgian cartoonist Hergé.
Hergé - a pseudonym of Georges Remi's initials (G.R.) in reverse (R.G.) - is the creator of the highly popular comic characters.(Kuifje-Tintin and also Quick and Flupke as shown on my photo !)

If you ask an American "Where is Belgium?"-there is a big chance he/she doesn't know.
If you ask him - "Where is Brussels/Mannekenpis/Bruges - there is a chance he locates this nice country somewhere in Europe-Near Paris or Amsterdam.
But dear VT-travellers - Belgium is indeed a small country - but worth while to visit for more than only one or two days !

Suske and Wiske

Belgium is also famous for it's authors of strips albums - like Suske and Wiske - Kiekeboe etc.
enjoying every member of the family from 7 till 77 years old.
Can you tell me the names of Suske and Wiske published in other countries - like Russia - Italy - short all over the world.

Lucky Luke

Don't we stay children after all !
Yes - a dream of mine - and the name is simular Luc or Lucky Luke the cowboy shooting and acting faster than his shadow - sitting on his horse called Jolly Jumper - truly friends and creation of Maurice De Bevere - better known as MORRIS
Morris the maker of this strip albums used often historical persons for his Strips :
-The Daltons Joe, William, Jack and Averall
- Billy the Kid
- Jesse James
- Sarah Bernardt

• Pros:A very nice, small country to visit in Europe
  • Cons:The weather
  • In a nutshell:Good food, famous beer, historical cities
  • Last visit to Belgium: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated May 27, 2006

• Apr 15, 2008 at 7:04 AM

Nice page about Belgium!

• fachd's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Thanks for your comment on my Istanbul page. Your Belgium page is interesting. I have been to Bruges and Brussels, though not for long(2.5 days). From what I saw it was great. Now I can read your Belgium page (I used to read Tintin). Mery Xmas & New Year.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 1:23 AM

Have the most wonderful birthday.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 1:07 AM

Yes Ive enjoyed my previous reality visits to Belgium including for Brugges famous parade and when Brussels was cultural centre and the flower carpet. so im going to enjoy coming back to spend more VT time around your tips and pics!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Thanks for the postcard. I like your new cycling travelogues, and also your interesting tips on this page.

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Hihi most people call my travel-logs MAD, so thank you :)... it will be one exciting year ahead !!!!

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2006 at 7:41 AM

This Medieval lunch looks interesting. Is this a constant side-show or organised once a year?

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 10:56 PM

Great tips, mouthwatering pictures. I love Belgian chocolate. What's the connection of a restaurant accepting credit cards and local politics??

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Ahhh yes, Leonidas !! Can I get a care package full of these delicacies please ? Your restaurants make me very hungry, haha, dangerous tips :-)) Hihi, and I thought, team building is best done in Pamirs with lot of fun :-)) smiles and greets :-)

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2006 at 7:31 AM

Hey there! Thanks for visiting our pages... You have some great pictures here, we will drop back by soon for a visit. All the best from travelling Canadians!

Luchonda Used To Live Here!

Luchonda

“"You may say i'm a dreamer - but please join me"”

Badges & Stats in Belgium

• 1,840 Photos

Have you been to Belgium?