"Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes" Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium by Luchonda
Belgium Travel Guide: 22,506 reviews and 56,727 photos
This is a street scenary in the Hoogstraat in BXL - in front of the restaurant "Ici Méme"
A golden tip of my friend Ingrid and a memory on strip albums of the most famous belgian cartoonist Hergé.
Hergé - a pseudonym of Georges Remi's initials (G.R.) in reverse (R.G.) - is the creator of the highly popular comic characters.(Kuifje-Tintin and also Quick and Flupke as shown on my photo !)
If you ask an American "Where is Belgium?"-there is a big chance he/she doesn't know.
If you ask him - "Where is Brussels/Mannekenpis/Bruges - there is a chance he locates this nice country somewhere in Europe-Near Paris or Amsterdam.
But dear VT-travellers - Belgium is indeed a small country - but worth while to visit for more than only one or two days !
Belgium is also famous for it's authors of strips albums - like Suske and Wiske - Kiekeboe etc.
enjoying every member of the family from 7 till 77 years old.
Can you tell me the names of Suske and Wiske published in other countries - like Russia - Italy - short all over the world.
Don't we stay children after all !
Yes - a dream of mine - and the name is simular Luc or Lucky Luke the cowboy shooting and acting faster than his shadow - sitting on his horse called Jolly Jumper - truly friends and creation of Maurice De Bevere - better known as MORRIS
Morris the maker of this strip albums used often historical persons for his Strips :
-The Daltons Joe, William, Jack and Averall
- Billy the Kid
- Jesse James
- Sarah Bernardt
- Pros:A very nice, small country to visit in Europe
- Cons:The weather
- In a nutshell:Good food, famous beer, historical cities
Be aware that outside skating can be very dangerous on spots of tinny ice, especially when a lot of scating fanatics are... more travel advice
"Great balls of Brussels" - symbol of the universal exposition in 1958, nowadays renovated and the new "face lift"... more travel advice
- See All Six days biking
- The part of Belgium i live in - East...
- See All A perfect bistro in Ghent
- See All Belgian beer breweries - the art of...
- See All Belgian strips
Luchonda's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 645 Reviews
- 1,840 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 42 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
- Wrote a Review Northern Belgium in winter time in Belgium Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Northern Belgium in winter time"
- Commented on one of whatawonderfulworld.'s Belgium travel pages
- Posted in Travel Czech Republic Forum "Re: Currency???"
- updated a Belgium Travelogue "Tour de France 2007"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gent Intro, 173 reviews, 482 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 58 reviews, 252 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium Intro, 66 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Havana Intro, 91 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa Intro, 72 reviews, 111 photos, 5 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 67 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 33 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 33 reviews, 130 photos, 3 travelogues