"AGBAT's new Guernsey Page" Guernsey by AGBAT
Guernsey Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
Well this will be a challenge. Guernsey is located on the North side of the North Platte river and is home to a large US Army Reserve training area--the reason I was in Guernsey. To get there take I-25 North from Cheyenne to hiway 26 at exit number 92. Go east about 30 miles, cross the Platte River and hit the brakes. In summer it is hot and dusty as I recall. The river is not to wide and is great for cooling off in. Up on the bluffs on the South side of the river are covered wagon tracks etched into the rock. The Oregon Trail passed by Guernsey--Fort Laramie is just down stream a few miles--and the tracks can still be seen in the soft sandstone bluffs. The population estimate for July 1, 1998 was 1,254, an increase of 99 since 1990. So as you can see it is a hotbed of population growth and commercial enterprise. The picture is from davydicus.tripod.com which features some more pictures from the area. Try this link to see more of the area attractions <A HREF="http://spacr.state.wy.us/cr/shpo/guernsey.htm">State park link</A>
AGBAT's Related Pages
Guernsey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Along the Western Trails"
- "AGBAT's new Guernsey Page"
- "Basaic Guernsey Page"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guernsey
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Guernsey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guernsey
Photos in GuernseySee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- New Mexico Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Thailand Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Turkey Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Socorro Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- California Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kihei Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Cuba Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- United States of America Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos