"Dumb in the Desert (1999)" White Sands by jrgentle
White Sands Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 61 photos
I went to White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico, a few weeks ago to participate in the 11th Annual Bataan Memorial Death March. I have yet to figure out how I got suckered into this one. It involved a 25 mile march in uniform with a 35 pound rucksack on your back. For some reason mine weighed 47 pounds. We had to walk up and around this mountain and then back down. White Sands is full of dunes, so even when we got off the mountain, it was still up and down hill. I started getting blisters at about mile #4, and I really wanted to quit a lot of times. I have no idea how I did it, but I did. My team of 8 actually came in first out of all the teams from our base. I of course could not walk for a few days, but I have to say that it was a wonderful experience that I will always be proud of, and will absolutely never do again.
jrgentle's Related Pages
White Sands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharrie's White Sands Footprints"
- "White Sands - as far as you can see"
- "WHITE SANDS"
- "White Sands, New Mexico"
- "Dumb in the Desert (1999)"
- "bring sunscreen & a sled!"
- "hokeypokey's new White Sands Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in White Sands
- Transportation in White Sands
- Restaurants in White Sands
- Warnings and Dangers in White Sands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in White Sands
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to White Sands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in White Sands
Photos in White SandsSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Heidelberg Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Greece Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ascot Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vilnius Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint-Étienne Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Skopje Intro, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- France Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue