"I would live in that Japanese city" Top 5 Page for this destination Yokohama by crazyguitar

Yokohama Travel Guide: 297 reviews and 920 photos

I´ve been in Tokyo several times and I love it but it´s too big for me, too much overcrowded... to live there. Not Yokohama, although there are around 6 milion inhabitants living there, it´s plenty of open air areas. There are lots of parks, gardens, and the most important thing for me: the sea. That fresh breeze near the harbour, those dawns, those sunsets... The mixtures: the old/ the modern, the Japanese/ the westerns, the high tech/ the religion, the skyscrapers/ the shrines, the international cuisine/ the Japanese food, Coca-cola/ Kirin beer, cofee/ green tea...
That´s why I love that country, that peaceful country with that kind culture and people, this patient population.

Yokohama in KANJI

• Pros:People, culture, food,
  • Cons:hierarchies
  • Last visit to Yokohama: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 3, 2003

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 12:52 AM

fantastic tips! and boy, what a great hotel......:-)

• Jan 31, 2005 at 7:39 AM

WOW!! Great tips about Yokohama and Japan!! thanks for sharing

• Elena_g's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2004 at 1:19 AM

Wonderful page! Thank you for great pictures and info

• asturnut's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2004 at 11:36 PM

Nice photos on this page. Really like the ones taken on the streets- you get a real feel for this place.

• Jan 29, 2004 at 2:08 AM

Great pictures of the WorldCup 2002!!! You were lucky to be in the final!!!

• misakitaguchi's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2003 at 3:59 AM

Wow I didn't know that Yokohama also have Gas panic! I really want to go Yokohama. Kanagawa pre is next to my pre but still I haven't been there.Only Kamakura.

• spintobecca's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2003 at 10:38 AM

Oh I was in Florence when the World Cup ended.. I have a few pictures on my (sparse) Florence page of all the happy Brazilian supporters celebrating!

• zentrinko's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 5:12 PM

Gotta Gas Panic in Yokohama as well! The World Cup (great last year!) and definitely will forward myself to the Japan page. Enjoyed viewing here!

• DanaRo's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 10:20 PM

I envy you and all people who was on the stadium - I arrive in Japan too late (one month after the final)

• Bonobo2005's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2003 at 9:49 AM

You were very vEry lucky indeed ot visit the big match and this exiting city ;-). Great impressions, tips and pics!

crazyguitar

“Travelling is one of the best human pleasures, or maybe a vice...? Who knows?”

Badges & Stats in Yokohama

Have you been to Yokohama?