Guatemala Hotel Tips by vaticanus Top 5 Page for this destination
Guatemala Hotels: 85 reviews and 115 photos
The Hotel Explore Lodge is two blocks from the causeway leading to Flores. It is centrally located and offers amenities and large rooms that are a fraction of the cost for equivalent luxuries in Flores.
Unique Qualities: Lots of elegant touches and attention to detail. Rooms and bathrooms are cleaned every day and restocked with fresh towels, sheets, pillow cases, soap and shampoo. All rooms have TV, a ceiling fan, air conditioning and plenty of hot water from a solar heater. The two story building is newly constructed. The owner and staff are friendly, honest, and helpful.
This hotel is central to everything. Within one block is a maintained city park, a travel agency (San Juan) two tiendas (shops) and a medical clinic (Clinica Centro Maya). Within two and a half blocks on the right are several restaurants, an internet cafe, the causeway to Flores, and a shopping center. Turning left from the hotel takes you to the main commercial street of Santa Elena, several banks and the market place.
The management also operates a travel agency specializing in customized tours to Belice, the Peten, Izabal and Verapaces and also providing services to overseas travel agencies.
The website (email@example.com) may show a warning about phishing but there is nothing harmful about the site which is posted In Spanish and English versions.
Address: 2nd Avenue Calle 4-68 Zona 1 SANTA ELENA (PETEN) GUATEMALA
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Two blocks up from the causeway to Flores, turn right at the park and half a block on you'll see it on your left. The sign says HOTEL EXPLORE.
Phone: (502) 7926-4068 or 5203-8472
Price: less than US$20
Years ago I only met Guatemalans here. It was only a matter of time before the owners realized that there was gold in tourists. But who's complaining. The rooms are tiny (but I've been in tinier) and you have to go outside to reach the showers -with hot water, toilets and sinks . The family keeps everything very clean and there's a pila to do your laundry. It's three blocks from the central jardin and three from the market. If you are running on a small budget you'll like this family run place. NOTE: If you are a night owl or a night hawk, you will have to wait a long time to get someone up to let you in.
Unique Qualities: No pool and no views. However, people are friendly and you can pass a bottle of wine around with a few of your neighbors under the stars with a candle or two-
Address: 2a Calle Poiniente (northwest of the main square) between 7 Av Norte & 6 Av Norte
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Standing at the north west corner of the main square, cross the street, walk past the Banco Industrial, cross the next street, continue straight and at the next street turn left. Look for a substantial but low stone archway and knock at the black door.
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (44)
- See All TOURIST POLICE ASISTUR
- See All Museum of Anthropology and Ethnology &...
- See All CRIME AND CAR/BUS/SHUTTLE TRAVEL
- See All IODINE, SALT AND RETARDATION
vaticanus' Related Pages
Guatemala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GUATEMALA - CRIME SECURITY TRANSPORTATION"
- "Guatemala- Land of Volcanoes & Mayan Temples"
- "A perfect holiday destination?"
- "The Whimsical and Art Deco"
- "Guatemala City, not that ugly!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guatemala
- Hotels in Guatemala
- Transportation in Guatemala
- Nightlife in Guatemala
- Restaurants in Guatemala
- Shopping in Guatemala
- Warnings and Dangers in Guatemala
- See All...
Explore the World
- Devine Destiny Hotel
- Branston Hall Hotel
- Bobycentrum Hotel Brno
- Cardogan Hotel
- Summer Haven Resort
- The Loyalist Country Inn
- Lydmar Hotel
- National Hotel
- Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay
- El Paso Autel
- Villa Angelina
- Morning Star Resort
- Florence's Cottage Adelaide
Badges & Stats in Guatemala
- 50 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Guatemala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guatemala
Read real reviews about Guatemala Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 34 reviews, 55 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guatemala Intro, 46 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jersey City Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copán Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Deogarh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atotonilco Intro, 1 review, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Guanajuato Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco El Alto Intro, 2 reviews, 14 photos, 4 travelogues
- Varanasi Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Guatemala hotels
- Antigua Guatemala Hotels
- 641 Reviews - 1874 Photos
- Guatemala City Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 403 Photos
- San Lucas Sacatepéquez Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Flores Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 201 Photos
- San Juan del Obispo Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Lago de Amatitlán Hotels
- 1 Review - 5 Photos
- San Antonio Palopó Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 38 Photos
- Panajachel Hotels
- 132 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Lago de Atitlán Hotels
- 172 Reviews - 416 Photos
- Puerto San José Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Puerto Barrios Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Mixco Viejo Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Sierra los Cuchumatanes Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 28 Photos
- Comalapa Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 16 Photos
- Zunil Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 6 Photos