"balieyes's new Oceanside Page" Oceanside by balieyes
Oceanside Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 562 photos
Welcome to Oceanside, a charming beach city located 35 miles north of San Diego and 83 miles south of Los Angeles in a region of San Diego County called North County. It ranks 2nd in the United States for best climate with around 10 inches of rain per year and an average day time temperature of 69 degrees Fahrenheit.
It’s no wonder that this location was chosen as home to Camp Pendleton United States Marine Corps. If you serve in the US military, this is a spot you want to be assigned to. Bordered on the north by 125,0000-acre Camp Pendleton, 17 miles of coastline, is a land buffer between San Diego and the Los Angeles/Orange County megopolis. The presence of the 1st Marine Division and over 38,000 military personnel impacts the personality of Oceanside. With a median age of 32.1, the population is young, busy, and fast-growing.
While the military influence can be seen in the local economy, Oceanside is an ideal spot to live or to vacation in. A 3.5 mile long beach and a 1,000 boat harbor offers day and half day fishing trips, boat excursions plus shopping and dining. There’s an historic Mission San Luis Rey, just 4 miles from the beach and Oceanside’s next door neighbor, Carlsbad is home to Legoland, one of California’s unique amusements built for children ages 3 to 12.
balieyes' Related Pages
Oceanside Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~Oceanside Revisited~"
- "Let's meet in Oceanside again :-)))"
- "A day in Oceanside"
- "Oceanside - California"
- "VT welcomes Matt and Ursula to Oceanside"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oceanside
- Hotels in Oceanside
- Transportation in Oceanside
- Nightlife in Oceanside
- Restaurants in Oceanside
- Shopping in Oceanside
- Warnings and Dangers in Oceanside
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oceanside
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Oceanside?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oceanside
Photos in OceansideSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 13 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Tarragona Intro, 13 reviews, 1 photo
- Biarritz Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Argentina 3 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos