"balieyes's new Encinitas Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Encinitas by balieyes
Encinitas Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 103 photos
With six miles of rugged coastline and 21.5 square miles of land, Encinitas is a north San Diego County city situated between the San Elijo Lagoon to the south and the Batiquitos Lagoon to the north. It got its name from Encina Canada, Spanish for "hills of live oaks," which describes what Gaspar de Portola saw in 1669 when he led an expedition through the region. The Spanish Governor of Baja California hoped to create a stronghold in California and did so until Mexico laid claim on the land in the 1800s. That reign was short lived and California became a state of the United States in 1850.
Activities for visitors include shopping, eating, sunbathing, swimming, surfing, museums and galleries, meditation and... more travel advice
balieyes' Related Pages
Encinitas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yoga in Encinitas,"
- "Relax. Slow down. You're in Encinitas."
- "Relax in Encinitas"
- "balieyes's new Encinitas Page"
- "Lovely, Laid-Back Encinitas"
- "Along the 101 California"
- "Yubert's Encinitas Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Encinitas
- Hotels in Encinitas
- Transportation in Encinitas
- Nightlife in Encinitas
- Restaurants in Encinitas
- Shopping in Encinitas
- Warnings and Dangers in Encinitas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Encinitas
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Encinitas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Encinitas
Photos in EncinitasSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 13 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 13 reviews, 12 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Tarragona Intro, 13 reviews, 1 photo
- Biarritz Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Argentina 3 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Carlos de Bariloche Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos