"A nice quiet weekend by the sea" Nahariyya by piglet44
Nahariyya Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 47 photos
We decided to have a quiet weekend relaxing by the sea for the Festival of Succot. We stayed 2 nights in Nahariya and on the way up we visited the ancient city of Akko and on the way back the Crusader Fortress of Yehiam. It was a very pleasant weekend and I highly recommend Nahariya as a base, assuming you are not a party animal. The town is very relaxing and quiet, has a lovely promenade along the beach and a main boulevard with cafes and restaurants. Most of the inhabitants seem to be retired Russians or very young couples with kids but it is extremely quiet and there is not a whole lot going on there especially on a holiday weekend.
- Pros:very pleasant getaway
- Cons:not for party animals
- In a nutshell:a quiet little seaside town
We took a side trip on the way home from Nahariya and stopped at this crusader castle in Yehiam near the Kibbutz famous... more travel advice
This appeared to be the only decent restaurant that was open on Friday night of Succot in Nahariya, and since we didn't... more travel advice
piglet44's Related Pages
Nahariyya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nahariya 2000 - 2007"
- "the very north"
- "A nice quiet weekend by the sea"
- "Nahariyya - Visiting friends"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nahariyya
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Nahariyya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nahariyya
Top 10 Pages
- Vietnam Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Antalya Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Berlin Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Ireland Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue