"I really meant the North - Galil and Golan" Qiryat Shemona by piglet44

Qiryat Shemona Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 49 photos

the Galil and the Golan Heights

Sorry there is no section for these, so I put them under "Qiryat Shemona"! We just spent three days of the Pessach/Passover holidays travelling this beautiful area of the country.Only 3 hours from Jerusalem, but what scenery, air and views.The flowers are all in bloom now and yet it is not too hot to travel, walk ,kayak and any other activity you choose!We did all of the above and also took a Tractoron , I think it is called an ATV in English. Anyway it was a lot of fun, and a good way to see the scenery.

Where to sTay

You can stay in a Kibbutz Guest house as we did, and then you have the benefit of the local pub/restaurant Gosh, or you can stay in any of the country B and Bs called tzimmers ,dotted around, cheap and pretty . The advantage of Hagoshrim is that it has swimming pool and fitness centre and a good restaurant too.!

• Last visit to Qiryat Shemona: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 27, 2005

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2006 at 6:11 PM

I find it funny when you say just 3 hours from Jerusalem. By Israel standards, that is about halfway across the country!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2005 at 4:36 AM

Hey Ruth/ Sounds like a lovely place to visit. Kyaking and waterfalls sound wonderful. Hope you and yours are doing fine :o) Cheers, Ann.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2005 at 12:57 PM

Hi Ruth, very nice page, I visited Qiryat Shemona many times when I was on the kibbutz, Thanks for stopping by my homepage, I have not had a cream tea for years either! Happy travels (~_~)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 8:25 AM

Hagoshrim looks beautiful!

piglet44

“love to travel!”

Badges & Stats in Qiryat Shemona

Have you been to Qiryat Shemona?