"Welcome to piglet44's HomePage" piglet44's Profile
Update September 2012
We are now living in the wonderful Chinese city of XIAMEN (pronounced Shamen) which is proving pretty interesting so far. Check out my Xiamen pages for more information.
We are teaching English at Xiamen University of Technology
For people who love to travel ! Hi travellers. My name is Ruth and I am lucky to have a family who love to travel as much as I do .Since I am a high school teacher every summer I pack up my husband and 2 kids and off we go. So far ,we have mostly visited Europe,but this year ,we were a little more adventurous and we went to Thailand.See my page it was a wonderful holiday. Now we are planning our next trip this summer to India.Unfortunately we have only 3 weeks to spend there,but some VT friends have assured me we will have a lot of fun.so here goes! From what I have read from friends at VT ,we won't be disappointed. Okay so India has been and gone and it was a fantastic trip.. see my page, we met VT Member Aadil Desai who was brilliant showing us around and being a true VT friend. Now our kids are older my husband and I are taking a few romantic trips alone... so check out my latest pages on Budapest, Prague , and the latest is Rhodes... enjoy and keep travelling!
Update... Been to a few more places since my last posting. Yesterday we returned from 5 days in Antalya ,Turkey. It was beautiful and fascinating and I will update my page now. The Turkish people were most friendly and helpful.I recommend this destination to all travellers.
I now have a new camera so I hope my page will be better!
Latest update July 2010
Well now I don't pack up my kids any more as they are too big to travel with us any more. But we are still travelling and have done quite a few more trips since I last updated my homepage.Latest trips were Vietnam and Cambodia last summer, Gran Canaria in December and Portugal this July.All of these were interesting and enjoyable in different ways. Please check out my pages and comment !
I still firmly believe that travel and talking to other people is a way of life and it is always rewarding to explore different places and learn about different cultures. We are all different but we share basic human traits and that's what makes life so fascinating.
I have recently also joined Couchsurfing, where one can also get to know different people from different countries, and even when one is not on the road,you can host others and learn about the world. So off you go!
UPDATE DECEMBER 2011
As of September 2011 we are now retired and living in Lin'an Zhejiang Province in CHINA where we are following our dream and teaching English in the Forestry and Agricultural University.
You can read about it and see lots of pictures on my Hangzhou,Shanghai and Nanjing Pages,places that we have visited since we arrived here.
Next month we will be traveling to Xiamen and Hong Kong so you can also expect updates on those places in the coming months!
This is us at Side beach in a romantic moment!
Here is a list of the places we have been so far,might have forgotten somewhere in my old age:
1997 Norway and Denmark
1999 England and Scotland
2000 Greece; Prague weekend
2003 India ;winter weekend in Budapest
2006 Croatia and Montenegro
2007 south-West England; Antalya,Turkey
2008 China; Berlin
2009 Vietnam and Cambodia; Gran Canaria
2011-12 We are teaching English in CHINA
We now live in Lin'an near Hangzhou in China. SO here is a picture of the University campus
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 203 Reviews
- 427 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 36 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Travel Seoul Forum "Mobile Sim card?"
- Commented on olgazot's profile page
- piglet44 and munki are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Authentic Indian food in the heart of Xiamen in Xiamen Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Check out Bailuzhou Island park"
- updated a Xiamen Travel Page "Xiamen- my current Home by the Sea"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to piglet44's HomePage"
- Uploaded a Video to Lisbon
Top 10 Pages
- Vietnam Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos
- Antalya Intro, 11 reviews, 31 photos
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Berlin Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Ireland Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54009 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7702 Reviews - 19813 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos