"Welcome to piglet44's HomePage" piglet44's Profile

Update September 2012
We are now living in the wonderful Chinese city of XIAMEN (pronounced Shamen) which is proving pretty interesting so far. Check out my Xiamen pages for more information.
We are teaching English at Xiamen University of Technology

For people who love to travel ! Hi travellers. My name is Ruth and I am lucky to have a family who love to travel as much as I do .Since I am a high school teacher every summer I pack up my husband and 2 kids and off we go. So far ,we have mostly visited Europe,but this year ,we were a little more adventurous and we went to Thailand.See my page it was a wonderful holiday. Now we are planning our next trip this summer to India.Unfortunately we have only 3 weeks to spend there,but some VT friends have assured me we will have a lot of fun.so here goes! From what I have read from friends at VT ,we won't be disappointed. Okay so India has been and gone and it was a fantastic trip.. see my page, we met VT Member Aadil Desai who was brilliant showing us around and being a true VT friend. Now our kids are older my husband and I are taking a few romantic trips alone... so check out my latest pages on Budapest, Prague , and the latest is Rhodes... enjoy and keep travelling!
Update... Been to a few more places since my last posting. Yesterday we returned from 5 days in Antalya ,Turkey. It was beautiful and fascinating and I will update my page now. The Turkish people were most friendly and helpful.I recommend this destination to all travellers.
I now have a new camera so I hope my page will be better!

Latest update July 2010
Well now I don't pack up my kids any more as they are too big to travel with us any more. But we are still travelling and have done quite a few more trips since I last updated my homepage.Latest trips were Vietnam and Cambodia last summer, Gran Canaria in December and Portugal this July.All of these were interesting and enjoyable in different ways. Please check out my pages and comment !
I still firmly believe that travel and talking to other people is a way of life and it is always rewarding to explore different places and learn about different cultures. We are all different but we share basic human traits and that's what makes life so fascinating.
I have recently also joined Couchsurfing, where one can also get to know different people from different countries, and even when one is not on the road,you can host others and learn about the world. So off you go!

UPDATE DECEMBER 2011
As of September 2011 we are now retired and living in Lin'an Zhejiang Province in CHINA where we are following our dream and teaching English in the Forestry and Agricultural University.
You can read about it and see lots of pictures on my Hangzhou,Shanghai and Nanjing Pages,places that we have visited since we arrived here.
Next month we will be traveling to Xiamen and Hong Kong so you can also expect updates on those places in the coming months!

Check out my stumbleupon page!

This is us at Side beach in a romantic moment!

Our Travels so Far...

Here is a list of the places we have been so far,might have forgotten somewhere in my old age:
1991 USA
2009 Vietnam and Cambodia; Gran Canaria
2010 Portugal
2011-12 We are teaching English in CHINA

Our Current Home

We now live in Lin'an near Hangzhou in China. SO here is a picture of the University campus

• Intro Updated Dec 6, 2012

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Hello there Ruth and thank you so much for your friend request which I am happy to accept. I am surprised we have not bumped into each other here virtually before as you are obviously one of the earlier members, you have certainly been here a lot longer than I have.

Speak soon,

fergy.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Happy 2014!

• iblatt's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Dear PG44, Happy Birthday, enjoy China!

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Happy birthday and many more to come!!!

• solopes's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Happy birthday

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• CEP1863's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Ruth, I hope that you have a wonderful birthday and a year packed with lots of exciting travel!

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday and may all your travel and teaching dreams come true!!!

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Hi, Ruth! Hereby I would like to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND ALL THE BEST! I hope that you spent a great day surrounded by the people that you love most. If you want, we can stay in touch.

• isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthay happy birthday happy birthday to you

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!