"Applecross, Wester Ross, Scottish Highlands" Applecross by ndahl
Applecross Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 126 photos
The applecross peninsula has some of the most amazing scenery and some of the most frightening roads.
There are only two roads into applecross. one around the coast which is pretty scary and one over Bealach Na Ba which is hair raising first time around.
I first travelled the mountain road one november evening just as it was getting dark.
I was a quarter way up when it started snowing, half way up it was white-out with only a pitch black void on one side and a ditch on the other
to show I was on a road. three quarters up I met another vehicle coming down, (I forgot to mention the fact that it is a single track road)
which forced me to reverse to a passing place that looked as if it could hardly support a bird landing.
- Pros:beautiful scenery, friendly people, welcoming hostelries and restaurants
- Cons:single track roads and midges
to the south of applecross which has three or four tiny hamlets I found this modern chinese junk. I don`t know if some... more travel advice
ndahl's Related Pages
Applecross Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Applecross and Torridon - Scenery To Die For....."
- "Applecross, Wester Ross, Scottish Highlands"
- "Around the Applecross Peninsula"
- "Applecross -- Paradise on a Beautiful Day!"
- "Applecross - Sandy Beaches, Excellent seafood,"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Applecross
- Hotels in Applecross
- Transportation in Applecross
- Restaurants in Applecross
- Warnings and Dangers in Applecross
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Applecross
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Applecross?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Applecross
Top 10 Pages
- Tomsk Intro, 27 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom 18 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Glasgow Intro, 1 review, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Applecross Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Marseille 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Scotland 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Falkirk 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Leirvik 2 reviews, 2 photos
No friends yet.