"This one goes for you, Lou" Xi'an by SirRichard

Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,092 reviews and 2,981 photos

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=+5 color=red>S</font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#330000">ilk Road attracted me since I was a kid. Reading "The book of wonders" by Marco Polo I pictured myself in the old caravans, trading with silk, in the Summer Palace. Visiting Xian and Dunhuang, as part of a big travel from Samarkanda to Beijing, was in a way like making my dream come true.<BR>
In this page I've included Dunhuang and Lanzhou, as there is no page for them in VT.<BR>
For a detailed info and experiences of the trip, take a look at my <a href=http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.142359/article/72/52/?s=G>Travel Diary</a>.

• Intro Updated Nov 14, 2002

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 2:00 AM

Great informative page on one of the oldest and largest civilisation. It was really a virtual tour.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Como siempre tus páginas son muy buenas. De momento estoy preparando china y la Ruta de la Seda , la dejaremos para una segunda vuelta Buen Viaje !!!!

• Oct 3, 2006 at 6:52 AM

Lovely page, Nikos

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 12:13 AM

one of the most impressive photos of the terra cotta soldiers. nice info as well. thanks

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2004 at 2:09 PM

Fascinating place - I'd heard of the terracotta warriors before, but this is the first I've heard of the caves and the dunes. Super page & travel diary, too!

• Lemonita's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2003 at 6:46 PM

Yes, chinese people are very welcoming in the rural areas !

• elva199's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2003 at 1:11 AM

As a Chinese, it is very interesting for me to see ur China travel page in a foreinger eye. Great job!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2003 at 5:37 AM

Interesting page!

• Dophinfly's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2002 at 5:29 AM

Nice people, nice views .....I hope I have time to go ...

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2002 at 10:07 AM

Espero ir algun dia a China!

SirRichard